DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Evo 2 and Mavic 2 Pro Comparison

Captain Drone has an excellent opinion that opened my eyes regarding the EVO 2..Go to YouTube...

Is this the one you're talking about?

I'm glad you mentioned this. Perhaps I'll wait to see what DJI rolls out this month and then snag a M2P at a discounted price. Unfortunately, my unopened MM is going back to Best Buy. Just too many potential problems for a new drone pilot, such as myself. :)

This is actually a sign of a good company. Their engineers probably want to see exactly what happened so they can track component failures and make design or component changes if needed. Plus, the fact that they did all of this for free is pushing me in the direction of Autel. :)
Sure, they have been making computerized diagnostic tools for many years and always had a good reputation. That's why I purchased the XSP. It's a good drone and performs well.

Personally, I'm not the kind of person who runs out and buys the latest and greatest technology every year.

I have a Phatom 4 and an XSP, and until one of them dies, I wont be buying anything new.

Electronic technology moves very fast and you can go broke trying to keep up with it.

I do enjoy reading and wathing the videos though.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I wonder if it has any better flight control as good as the Mavic two. As is fine tuning of the yaw and gimble
Not even close! EVO has no elevation of the gimbal possible above the horizontal, cinematic control is seriously wanting, and the pixelated frozen FPV at any distance, needed for reliable video composition will have you begging for Ocusync 2. If you only fly VLOS, and don't need cinematic control, it's a good backup when the M2P GEO locks you out. It's no 1”sensor, so low light performance is on a parity with the M2Z. The EVO 2 6K version will be on a parity with the M2P, but still can't match OcuSync 2, despite a claimed 5 mile range. Flight time is the only real distinguishing factor, but not without reliable FPV out to the full range.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
“LOS to 2-3 miles” - not humanly possible...

We will have to see how it performs, but if past experience with the Evo gives us any hints as to how the Evo 2 will perform, we may be looking at a new heavy weight champion.
At least until DJI drops the Mavic 3 out of nowhere in the next few months!
I saw today on YouTube this monster is going to cost somewhere around 4000.00? Surely they just? If true sounds like a e Autel who I do like is trying to put themselves out of business. I also believe I saw 1495.00 so, who knows?

I saw today on YouTube this monster is going to cost somewhere around 4000.00? Surely they just? If true sounds like a e Autel who I do like is trying to put themselves out of business. I also believe I saw 1495.00 so, who knows?
$1495 for the 8K version and $1795 for the 6K version. Other versions TBD.

Reactions: strdr and Shon
They better get cracking on a release. If they wait until the end of June like they did with the evo, then the musical sensation will be gone.
Exactly. Autel has a terrible track record of actually delivering on their CES vaporware! The promised 1” sensor EVO has become a promised 1” sensor EVO 2 two years later, and is still nowhere near to release! Other than a longer battery life, the Mavic 2 Pro still excels and has already been available for over 15 months! Autel is always late to the party. Mavic 3 will be the EVO 2 killer. Hopefully, DJI matches the 40 minute flight time with their stellar OcuSync 2.0. signal strength!

Well drone works have them available for pre-order and apparently the production models are on the way to the states right now so it might be weeks rather than months.
As much as I want a EvoII Pro I think I'll probably opt for a second hand Mavic Pro 2.

I'm new to the hobby and as much as having the latest and greatest gadget is cool I think the Mavic platform is very well tried and tested.

The only thing that is making me want the autel more is the fact there is no geo fencing and you can do whatever you like with it. With the way things are going we're going to get locked out of this hobby soon enough so maybe this could let me just carry on regardless. With the Mavic getting a license and flying it legally would be a lot easier I'd imagine.

If it's a case of Autel 2 or Mavic 2 Pro there is no real competition unless you NEED that extra flight time.

Well drone works have them available for pre-order and apparently the production models are on the way to the states right now so it might be weeks rather than months.
That is wonderful news! If this thing is coming out by the end of March, I will definitely be considering it.
As much as I want a EvoII Pro I think I'll probably opt for a second hand Mavic Pro 2.
I too am undecided between the M2P and EVO II at the moment and wondering if DJI would be likely to come up with a new model to counter the EVO II. But a new DJI product is increasingly looking unlikely at least for the first half of 2020. The M2P has indeed proven its worth. But the at least 30 minutes of flight time of the EVO II, the absence of geo-fencing, and the camera specs make it a serious contender for the title of the new king. I keenly await a serious review of the camera's performance, especially for stills.

Reactions: xspwhite
I can't remember, did they mention the speed of this drone?
The specs from Autel's website for the EVO II put the max speed at 15m/s for the "standard mode" and 20m/s for the "ludicrous mode". I have no idea what these mean and not sure if the difference is one of a hardware configuration or a software one (like P and S modes in the DJI lingo). 20m/s is 72 kph; exactly the same as the top speed of the M2P in S mode.

I'm curious why their upgraded camera with the 1 inch sensor will only shoot in 6K, but the camera that shoots in 8K has a half inch sensor?

I'm curious as to how there are a lot of products and methods out there that cost way more money than they actually result compared to other methods and still they sell for $20,000 per watch and $550 for a men's belt?

I'm new to the hobby and as much as having the latest and greatest gadget is cool I think the Mavic platform is very well tried and tested.

The only thing that is making me want the autel more is the fact there is no geo fencing and you can do whatever you like with it. With the way things are going we're going to get locked out of this hobby soon enough so maybe this could let me just carry on regardless. With the Mavic getting a license and flying it legally would be a lot easier I'd imagine.

If it's a case of Autel 2 or Mavic 2 Pro there is no real competition unless you NEED that extra flight time.
Autel is still fixing huge bugs in the original EVO! The M2P is a mature aircraft and the EVO 2 is still a guaranteed buggy pipe dream!

I am on the fence, patiently (well not entirely) waiting to see what else comes along this spring. The EVO2 8k got me a little excited, it was all good except for the lack lustre controller and the possible show stopper for me (I am coming from a Spark to whatever's next) the single compass, bad planning IMHO. That is my biggest concern at this point. Looking forward to seeing the spec on the Mavic 3. If it were not for bulging battery woes, I might just settle for the M2P or Z and save some $$, I a retiring in two weeks. The two motor thing seems promising, but I live in a perpetually windy environment for the most part, I need something that fights wind gusts. Time will tell.

I am a HUGE fan of DJI
i have MPP & Osmo Action.
But Evo 2 looks way better then DJI drones hands down, NO GEO , cant beat that, Im bought.
when this comes to best buy i'll be buying. the only way for DJI to make it now it to take off there geo fencing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer