DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Evo 2 and Mavic 2 Pro Comparison

And you know this for a fact how?
History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. Autel similarly promised a 1” version of the original EVO at CES two years ago, along with dual band 2.4 Ghz/900 Mhz control on both. The EVO was finally released in May without the promised 900 Mhz band, and the 1”version was never released. It took Autel 18 months to come up with an iOS version of their Explorer app, and no flight logs were able to be recorded when they did! Draw your own conclusions. Once burned, twice shy!

History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. Autel similarly promised a 1” version of the original EVO at CES two years ago, along with dual band 2.4 Ghz/900 Mhz control on both. The EVO was finally released in May without the promised 900 Mhz band, and the 1”version was never released. It took Autel 18 months to come up with an iOS version of their Explorer app, and no flight logs were able to be recorded when they did! Draw your own conclusions. Once burned, twice shy!
Yes, Autel's past record doesn't inspire much confidence. But I am sure they know more than anyone else that this is their ONLY chance to get it right. If they **** this up, they are done for good. So I remain cautiously optimistic that they won't.

Yes, Autel's past record doesn't inspire much confidence. But I am sure they know more than anyone else that this is their ONLY chance to get it right. If they **** this up, they are done for good. So I remain cautiously optimistic that they won't.
I would love to be wrong, but my experience in dealing with them over the EVO is that they are completely clueless, badly mismanaged, and underfunded, and use their lack of resources as an unapologetic excuse for everything they do wrong!

The best thing about them is their hype may get DJI to give us a longer battery life! ?
Then, I won't care whether Autel ever does or not!

Some good info here

Key takeaways
8k version will be available end of January, 6k version (with the 1" sensor) to follow 6 weeks after
$1445 for the 8k version, 6k version likely to retail for $200-300 more
you can buy standalone camera/gimbal units separately
the EVO II reportedly had twice the air time of the P4P in testing

And if you would rather watch something skeptical about the EVO II, I got you covered

Sheesh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Autel is still fixing huge bugs in the original EVO! The M2P is a mature aircraft and the EVO 2 is still a guaranteed buggy pipe dream!
They are not still fixing huge bugs. The Evo is solid and stable. It is only slightly less powerful than occusync 2. The drone is an excellent machine. It's video IS on par with the M2P and zoom. Actually, the video from the Evo is slightly better than that produced by the M2P. All the stuff you are saying about the Evo is untrue.

Reactions: BullDoggBoyz
Nice specs! I hope I can add another budget for this not considering needing a new pc and software that can handle 6k or 8k, which also the fact are theyre all not feasible yet? by this time their will alot of newer innovations coming out perhaps like a 249g, a 4k 360 AI cameras?

I'm curious why their upgraded camera with the 1 inch sensor will only shoot in 6K, but the camera that shoots in 8K has a half inch sensor?

This video explains a possible reason for the 8K small sensor. I don't know the real answer myself but it does seem plausible and specially since the 8K seems to be aimed at photography more than cinematography in which case those configurations would make sense.

Reactions: CDRacingZX6R
Nice specs! I hope I can add another budget for this not considering needing a new pc and software that can handle 6k or 8k, which also the fact are theyre all not feasible yet? by this time their will alot of newer innovations coming out perhaps like a 249g, a 4k 360 AI cameras?

The insta360 one R has a accessory to attach to drones to have your drone shoot 360 videos...

The insta360 one R has a accessory to attach to drones to have your drone shoot 360 videos...
Ya! I seen its blocking the gps Im not happy their mounting bulky and add more weight, what we need is the 360 built-in itself on the drone so no need to buy separatly which just add more cost and safer in flight?

Lots of talk but no usable information yet. The you tube influencers are touting the specs and nothing more. one video I watched said the app was buggy and he kept getting drop outs, the 8k files were almost unmanageable on the latest mac book pro and he had to convert them to proxies just to view and he said the 48mp stills weren't as crisp as he would have liked. I have also seen conflicting specs between different influencers (10 bit color vs 8 bit). Once the product gets released to the real world and you see people do an honest range test or see an honest review on the video quality then we will know for sure. I for one wouldn't switch just for the 8k video but am super interested in the thermal camera option. Right now you need about $20k to get a good thermal camera on a reliable drone, Autel my be able to change that with the Evo2 pro, I will buy one for sure if its not all hype.

The 48mp camera will be okay but I'm willing to bet money the MP2 will provide better photos.
The Evo2 Pro will be good. The sensor on it is a really good sensor so this is the one to plump for.

I'm still in two minds over waiting for the Evo2 Pro or just buying a MP2 as it's going to be ~2months before the evo2 pro is available.

The 48mp camera will be okay but I'm willing to bet money the MP2 will provide better photos.
The Evo2 Pro will be good. The sensor on it is a really good sensor so this is the one to plump for.

I'm still in two minds over waiting for the Evo2 Pro or just buying a MP2 as it's going to be ~2months before the evo2 pro is available.
I would say the M2P is a sure bet. It already has a solid history and a proven track record. Unless your a total photo junky and just have to have that higher resolution sensor I dont see a huge advantage to the Autel. The 5.5 mile range has yet to be proven and no one flies out that far anyways, plus the mavic occusync is proven to be reliable in congested areas with a lot of interference. Im all in for the Autel Evo pro dual with the 640x512 FLIR sensor (pending real life reviews) but just luke warm on the 8k camera.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
It's not even about megapixel count. The 48mp sensor will be worse than the Mavic 2 Pro. The Evo 2 Pro has the same size and same mp count. I'd imagine theyd be rather similar.

Currently the only things the Evo has going for it is the battery life which is great and the lack of geofencing.

Has there been a possible release date for the Autel Evo pro dual with the 640x512 FLIR sensor ? The info I have found says to contact them directly for pricing.

im curious about the transmitter technology Autel is using for the evo 2? Is it just standard WiFi?

For me the biggest reason I went with the Mavic 2 pro was the use of occusync 2.0. I had tried other drones that had standard WiFi only transmission, and had lots of interference issues and poor range here in Southern California. Where the Mavic 2 blew me away with its range and rock solid video feed.

$3240 in Australia

DJI has very little to worry about at that price. Price is becoming ridiculous

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

$3240 in Australia

DJI has very little to worry about at that price. Price is becoming ridiculous

Not sure what the site is, looks gimmicky, but why buy it from anyone other then Autel themselves? Clearly states $1495 on their website.

Not much of a test but FlyPath has an OA and tracking test of the EVO II here

At 7:06, 8:38, and a few more times after that a "Warn" message appears on the screen in Chinese characters. App still in beta?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_