DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorization Zone Unlock Failure Following Fly Update 2021 05

Lister

Reactions
I live in an Authorization Zone, a few miles from a tiny uncontrolled airport. I can no longer unlock my Mini 2 for flight in my own yard.

The Authorization Zone unlock procedure fails following the latest Fly update because no text message with the unlock code arrives. When I request the unlock code DJI Fly immediately says "unable to receive messages, Use Voice Verification"

Anyone else having Auth Zone unlock problems recently?

Perhaps I should have posted this in Mini 2 Help, not Discussions...

Last edited:
I also live in an authorization zone so I always have to do the unlock. No problems using the web page. The phone I use for flying does not even have a sim card. When using the web page you can request the sms code to any phone you want, as you enter it to the page manually. You have to go online once for the fly app to download the unlocks from the system and send it to the aircraft though. I generally do that before I leave the house.

I live in an Authorization Zone, a few miles from a tiny uncontrolled airport. I can no longer unlock my Mini 2 for flight in my own yard.

The Authorization Zone unlock procedure fails following the latest Fly update because no text message with the unlock code arrives. When I request the unlock code DJI Fly immediately says "unable to receive messages, Use Voice Verification"

Anyone else having Auth Zone unlock problems recently?

Perhaps I should have posted this in Mini 2 Help, not Discussions...
So have you tried using voice verification?

Reactions: Glhs958
So have you tried using voice verification?
No, never needed to. The text always arrives at my daily use pone (no FlyApp installed), albeit sometimes a bit late. Then I enter it manually into the unlock web page. By the way even the 30 second timer (for entering the code) runs down to 0 at the web page, it still accepts the code. Once you get an unlock in the system, fly app automatically downloads it first time it goes online.

The page I am talking about is this one:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruchpilot
No, never needed to. The text always arrives at my daily use pone (no FlyApp installed), albeit sometimes a bit late. Then I enter it manually into the unlock web page. By the way even the 30 second timer (for entering the code) runs down to 0 at the web page, it still accepts the code. Once you get an unlock in the system, fly app automatically downloads it first time it goes online.

The page I am talking about is this one:

I can't use this web-based procedure because it requires verification of my phone number. This requires that they send a text to that phone with a validation code that I'd then enter into the web page. But no such text arrives on my phone. It's a vicious circle. No texts appear on my phone from DJI, ever. Texting was today tested by me and is working from other local numbers.

This all worked flawlessly until yesterday when I did a forced upgrade to DJI Fly.

How do you use "voice verification"? Here's what I see when I try to get an AuthZone unlock code. The blue "Voice Verification" text looks like a link, but it doesn't respond to clicking.DJI Unlock Code Failure 20210526_154146.jpg

Last edited:
I can't use this procedure because it requires verification of my phone number. This requires that they send a text to that phone with a validation code that I'd then enter into the web page. But no such text arrives on my phone. It's a vicious circle.

How do you use "voice verification"? Here's what I see when I try to get an AuthZone unlock code. The blue "Voice Verification" text looks like a link, but it doesn't respond to clicking.View attachment 129678
Ah, I thought you were having problem unlocking via the FlyApp... If you don't get the sms text codes even through the web page, I guess voice verification would be your only choice left. Unfortunately I have never tried that one...

Last edited:
Did the update overwrite the authorization? Do you need to reapply the auth some how?

I don't think there is a "permanent" authorization, at least not in my case. I can get multiple 3 day authorizations, but Mini2 can store only a few of them (the official number you can get is 30, which is almost 3 months). The system is so broken, you cannot transfer your authorizations to Mini2 if you have too many of them. You need to cancel some before Mini2 accepts any :(

Solved. Two days of comms with DJI and they finally directed me to a procedure that unlocks my Authorization Zone without them needing to text me each time.

They needed an S-Ton of info on me, but it was worth it to be able to fly in my own yard. Among other data, they had me click my location on a Google Maps-like page and apparently that matched my posted street address.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Solved. Two days of comms with DJI and they finally directed me to a procedure that unlocks my Authorization Zone without them needing to text me each time.

They needed an S-Ton of info on me, but it was worth it to be able to fly in my own yard. Among other data, they had me click my location on a Google Maps-like page and apparently that matched my posted street address.
Ah good news :) Also good to know that this is possible. I might try the same thing myself. It is a lot of hassle to get the unlock every few days, especially since Mini2 cannot store many of them...

It's a way better solution than constantly having to unlock every few days.
I think DJI called it a "Custom Unlock".

Thanks for sharing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403