DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto move Mavic Air 2S

ABn

Reactions
Not sure if anybody experienced the Mavic Air 2S auto move without touching the RC. During my last 2 flights, while starting up my MA2S, the drone auto moved/floated to the left, and downward, even I did not touch the RC. I tried to calibrate my RC, but the issue persists.

Not sure if anybody experienced the Mavic Air 2S auto move without touching the RC. During my last 2 flights, while starting up my MA2S, the drone auto moved/floated to the left, and downward, even I did not touch the RC. I tried to calibrate my RC, but the issue persists.
Can you post a video of that , as I have not seen that behavior and to clarify what you mean.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've seen my DJI drones do this on occasion, but very rarely. Maybe it has something to do with the sensors falsely initiating an avoid maneuver. Who knows.

Reactions: ABn
Make sure you're not in ATTI mode

Reactions: ABn
My drone behaved that way when it did not have the sufficient number of satellites to connect to. Was that perhaps your case?

Reactions: ABn and tlswift58
The drone "can" move if it has not gotten a GPS / sat lock along with Home Point set. The drone needs the "lock" to help it maintain "hover in place" capability. I have seen my Air2 "drift" in windy conditions or flying over moving water and no GPS lock. Once it got the GPS lock, it would maintain it's "hover" in that place and wind would not move it.

Reactions: God Is Love
My drone behaved that way when it did not have the sufficient number of satellites to connect to. Was that perhaps your case?
Only time I have seen my Air2 do it as well. As soon as GPS lock / Home Point set - hover in place no matter slightly windy conditions. Without lock - drone was moving with the wind.

Reactions: God Is Love
Only time I have seen my Air2 do it as well. As soon as GPS lock / Home Point set - hover in place no matter slightly windy conditions. Without lock - drone was moving with the wind.
Thanks for your comments, it would be related to GPS. I tried to take off again this morning, same location, same height, and it auto-moved downward freely (even obstacle avoidance was on / set break). I tried to pull up and manage the drone till GPS locked, then everything was fine. A bit scary, and it's exactly like the critical-force-landing; anyway, lesson learnt.

Yeah, the other posters are correct. Things can be a bit erratic until GPS lock is established. Meditate.

Reactions: tlswift58
Thanks for your comments, it would be related to GPS. I tried to take off again this morning, same location, same height, and it auto-moved downward freely (even obstacle avoidance was on / set break). I tried to pull up and manage the drone till GPS locked, then everything was fine. A bit scary, and it's exactly like the critical-force-landing; anyway, lesson learnt.
If GPS sats are causing that then I would recommend you wait until you have full sats and wait till the nice lady says "your home point has been updated" before taking off unless you can fly in atti mode. If you have no experience flying in Atti mode this can lead to serious injuries or crash your drone.

Many locations I fly in will not GPS lock right away - I look for features where I am taking off that will preclude GPS from setting right away. If those conditions exist, I fly to a spot where I can gain altitude to the 98 ft max. I let it hover / sit for about a minute unless GPS connects sooner. I hear Home Point set by "bitchin betty," so I know I have a lock without taking my eyes off the drone - as it will wander some if a bit windy (calm weather - not seen an issue).

If it does not lock - then I fly my best to get the pictures / video I'm after and land. Just takes time to "feel" what your drone will do and lots of flight time as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3