DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automatic Landing Flyaway

@sar104 ... one thing puzzles me looking at the TXT log on Airdata.com & one of the pics in the log that have GPS position. That GPS position doesn't match the likely photo position in reality.

What the log says match reality, both position & yaw angle wise to get that photo ... so from where comes that GPS position under the pic?

The log:

1584293656452.png

Photo from Airdata + positions in GE:

1584293716789.png

@sar104 ... one thing puzzles me looking at the TXT log on Airdata.com & one of the pics in the log that have GPS position. That GPS position doesn't match the likely photo position in reality.

What the log says match reality, both position & yaw angle wise to get that photo ... so from where comes that GPS position under the pic?

The log:

View attachment 96658

Photo from Airdata + positions in GE:

View attachment 96660

No idea why AirData got that wrong - the position data are correct in the txt log. There are no position EXIF data in the file from the log, so it's determined from the txt data.

No idea why AirData got that wrong - the position data are correct in the txt log. There are no position EXIF data in the file from the log, so it's determined from the txt data.
When I saw that my thought was if it's something really off position wise ... but can't find anything, it's also as you say correct in the media map.

Did you notice that the offset time and tick data in the DAT file contain errors?

View attachment 96654
The tick# you see produced by DatCon is a computed value. The "real" tick# looks like a saw tooth wave form. It's represented by 64 bit integer and therefore has to roll over when it reaches 4294967295. That's why the computed tick#s seen in the .csv can be greater than 4294967295. It's a complicated business because, in addition, records can occur out of sequence and DatCon has to reorder the records when this happens.

In this .DAT there was a real tick# roll over during the 20 minute gap and DatCon just couldn't manage to figure it out. It came close though.

BTW, a few of the records have their own tick# but with the label cnt. And they have a much lower frequency and don't have to roll over in a typical flight. Might be easier to use than the GPS:time :) Here is the VIO:cnt which is at 20 Hz.
1584320220353.png

Reactions: sar104

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d