DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot speed limit issue during waypoint mission

nonrevs

Reactions
Hi all,
I planned an autopilot waypoint mission, the default speed was set to 35kmh (22mph), mission engaged and no obvious issues or logged errors, however during the mission I noticed the speed was way too slow - it took me a few minutes to realise but then noticed the speed was averaging around 7-12kmh (5mph). This explained why it was going so slow, the mission had no chance of completing at that speed - it was painfully slow.

As I was over water I didn't want to start messing about with settings mid flight so gave it another few minutes, paused and returned.

I checked the flight plan back home and confirmed that default speed was set to 35kmh and each of the 10 individual waypoints was also set to 35kmh - I did read somewhere that it maybe related to distance priority, mine is set to 10ft (which is what was recommended to stop speed limitation).

it seems to start fine, and then from WP1 it seems to trigger the limitation.

Has anybody had this issue or any idea what caused it?

IMG_2350.pngIMG_2349.pngIMG_2350.pngIMG_2349.png

Has anybody had this issue or any idea what caused it?
In settings, is 'Adaptive Horizontal Power' ON?
If so, turn it off.

Reactions: nonrevs
In settings, is 'Adaptive Horizontal Power' ON?
If so, turn it off.

Hi, yep, it was ON. I turned OFF and done the same route today (redone new mission so it was fresh). And same thing happened again. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the tolerance settings. Went at 35kmh to WP1 then slowed to 7kmh which was painfully slow

Hmmm, did you try a mission preview with the path inspector?
Is that timing/speed correct?

Hmmm, did you try a mission preview with the path inspector?
Is that timing/speed correct?

Yep, all was good - total estimated flight time was 6m59s and during preview it was going at the speed I wanted, yet in 'real life' it had no chance of ever completing the mission, it was approx 7 mins in at WP3 at which point I paused and RTH - speed wasn't limited when I manually RTH.

I have a strange feeling its something to do with tolerance settings, its the only thing I have changed or done different to all the other missions I have had without issue. I usually plan the mission on my iPad at home (bigger screen) and then load the mission on my iPhone at location - I've just checked and noticed that the 'settings' within AP do not sync between devices so I do have some differences between the devices - I think this might be causing some sort of bug, its the only 'thing' I have to go off so I'm going to reset the general settings, make a few changes and plan and execute on the same device.

Weather not great for me for a few days so maybe the weekend when I actually test again....

Attachments

• IMG_2381.png
    IMG_2381.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Has anyone figured this out? I’ve got the same issue using my AP and Litchi flight plans. Something changed with the fw update from a couple months ago. I tried turning off OA and at least it flys faster in GPS mode, but not for missions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan