DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aux light not coming on?

Surge

Reactions
Just received my Cine version and I can't get the Aux light to come on. Turning it to "on" via the controller C2 button does not illuminate the bottom lights.
I wasn't taking off, mind you, just had downloaded all the firmware files with the drone and controller on in my studio (but it did have a GPS connection).

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The drone has to be airborne in order for the aux lights to come on.
Even when manually turned to the ON setting, instead of the Auto setting?
On the M2P and A2S, for testing purposes, one can turn the aux lights on manually while the aircraft is still on the ground, without even arming the motors.
Is this not also true of the Mavic 3?
Is rendering them inoperable until airborne a new limitation of the Mavic 3 aux lights?
The FLY app still reports the lights as being cycled to "turned on" when not airborne, but my Mavic 3 lights still do not come on either, exactly as reported above. Haven't yet thoroughly tested them when airborne.

DJI has even already set up a DOA return based solely upon this Aux LED issue on the bench. However, I haven't received my promised shipping label yet (despite 48 hours already having passed, and now the 24 hour online chat is "temporarily unavailable") so I will certainly do some more testing while airborne, before boxing everything up needlessly! An unnecessary exchange, based upon misinformation of this being a defect, would be a real PIA, especially when the replacement unit will have the exact same issue/"defect"/"working as designed" functionality!

Will report back with my testing results!
I hope that is the only issue!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crashdummytest
Even when manually turned to the ON setting, instead of the Auto setting?
On the M2P and A2S, for testing purposes, you can turn the aux lights on manually while the aircraft is still on the ground, without even arming the motors.
Is this not also true of the Mavic 3?
Yep I was trying to figure it out as well and as soon as you get it airborne you can toggle the light on and off but as soon as it lands the light will automatically turn off.

I am happy to report that the Auxiliary LED's are working as designed: However, they only work when the motors are armed. No need to take off. Bench testing is still possible. You just have to arm the motors first. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

What a major breakthrough! I'm now going to enthusiastically order the SC Pro to take full advantage of OcuSync 3+ and have more control over the FLY app from the SC Pro with all the extra buttons. I hate having to touch the screen for things like exposure adjustments!

Last edited:
Reactions: Surge
Just received my Cine version and I can't get the Aux light to come on. Turning it to "on" via the controller C2 button does not illuminate the bottom lights.
I wasn't taking off, mind you, just had downloaded all the firmware files with the drone and controller on in my studio (but it did have a GPS connection).
You have to first arm the motors. If you're nervous about arming the motors on your workbench indoors, remove the props for safety. However, no need to take off. Shutting the motors off also turns the Aux lights off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surge
Just saw this post... I just received an AIR 3 ... Coming out of an Air 2 s. The Aux lamp comes on even inside motors not on! So when I just received my Air3 today , thought it was defective. Sent it up and BAM Aux Lamp ON!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just saw this post... I just received an AIR 3 ... Coming out of an Air 2 s. The Aux lamp comes on even inside motors not on! So when I just received my Air3 today , thought it was defective. Sent it up and BAM Aux Lamp ON!
I almost returned my first Mavic 3 over the same issue! Fortunately, someone posted a similar comment about the light working when in the air. My frame of reference was the Mavic 2 Pro. The change in functionality was not documented until months later, in an update to the User Manual. Even DJI Support said it was therefore defective, and set up a return for me! Would have been a complete waste of time to send it in. Any replacement would have functioned exactly the same!

I almost returned my first Mavic 3 over the same issue! Fortunately, someone posted a similar comment about the light working when in the air. My frame of reference was the Mavic 2 Pro. The change in functionality was not documented until months later, in an update to the User Manual. Even DJI Support said it was therefore defective, and set up a return for me! Would have been a complete waste of time to send it in. Any replacement would have functioned exactly the same!

My wife was boxing up the Air 3 last night to return it for a new one! The rep she was talking on the phone was setting up the return and I was chatting on DJI Site and she told me after 10 min that the lap will only go on when in air .. Ran outside sent it up and BAM lamp ON! Like you said NO documentation anywhere about this! My ref point was my Air 2 s ..Hit the Aux lamp and BAM turns on right on the coffee table no motors spinning !

My wife was boxing up the Air 3 last night to return it for a new one! The rep she was talking on the phone was setting up the return and I was chatting on DJI Site and she told me after 10 min that the lap will only go on when in air .. Ran outside sent it up and BAM lamp ON! Like you said NO documentation anywhere about this! My ref point was my Air 2 s ..Hit the Aux lamp and BAM turns on right on the coffee table no motors spinning !
We both saved ourselves a bunch of aggravation by measuring twice before cutting! LOL!

I am happy to report that the Auxiliary LED's are working as designed: However, they only work when the motors are armed. No need to take off. Bench testing is still possible. You just have to arm the motors first. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

What a major breakthrough! I'm now going to enthusiastically order the SC Pro to take full advantage of OcuSync 3+ and have more control over the FLY app from the SC Pro with all the extra buttons. I hate having to touch the screen for things like exposure adjustments!
What is the “SC Pro” you mention??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J