DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Availability sucks

Coskier

Reactions
I have an RC-N1 from the M3 purchase. The "aircraft only" option isn't available until August. Nor is the version with the RC-N1. All you can get right now is the version with the lite RC Pro. Frustrating.

You mean with the DJI RC, right?
Yeah, but was the same with the M3 ... DJI seems to have the most bundles with the new type of controller. All others need to wait (even with the RC Pro I guess if they don't want to do the constant shuffle). At last, it's still DJI.😆

You mean with the DJI RC, right?
Yeah, but was the same with the M3 ... DJI seems to have the most bundles with the new type of controller. All others need to wait (even with the RC Pro I guess if they don't want to do the constant shuffle). At last, it's still DJI.😆

yes, still DJI. Exactly my thought. I REALLY want this for a Europe trip we depart for on June 5. Going to be tight.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I posted a topic near the end of April about how I wished DJI had offered drone only options so it’s good to see they are now doing it with the Mini 3 Pro. I would have been interested in getting the drone only to go with my Mavic 3 especially for a camping trip planned for Newfoundland in July. I do find the drone only price a bit high. A wish it was more like the Mini 2 standard package. I also hope that the Mini 3 pro will be compatible with the RC pro which I have coming today.

Chris

I posted a topic near the end of April about how I wished DJI had offered drone only options so it’s good to see they are now doing it with the Mini 3 Pro. I would have been interested in getting the drone only to go with my Mavic 3 especially for a camping trip planned for Newfoundland in July. I do find the drone only price a bit high. A wish it was more like the Mini 2 standard packackage. I also hope that the Mini 3 pro will be compatible with the RC pro which I have coming today.

Chris
I already have the RC Pro, definitely hope they make it compatible soon

I also hope that the Mini 3 pro will be compatible with the RC pro which I have coming today.
Fingers crossed for you, but DJI and fast support for other controllers ... nah, can't see that. But I might be wrong ... I mean, not until July. Somewhere this year defnitely, but so soon after introduction?

Fingers crossed for you, but DJI and fast support for other controllers ... nah, can't see that. But I might be wrong ... I mean, not until July. Somewhere this year defnitely, but so soon after introduction?
I don’t think I would be buying the Mini 3 pro drone only package at its current price point anyway. The price of the Air 2S for the drone and standard controller vs the Mini 3 pro with the standard controller is only US$240 more for a much more robust and capable drone. The only real advantage of the Mini is the sub 250g designation.

I would love to have a sub 250g drone for those occasional times when flying my larger drones is not practical so spending that much on a drone for occasional use doesn’t seem practical.

Chris

I just ordered mine from DJI. They "estimate" a ship date of 5/31. We shall see if that is accurate....
Well, if they ship like the M3, it will take 10 days from when they ship it for it to actually arrive.

Reactions: Eagle Eye 62
I don’t think I would be buying the Mini 3 pro drone only package at its current price point anyway. The price of the Air 2S for the drone and standard controller vs the Mini 3 pro with the standard controller is only US$240 more for a much more robust and capable drone. The only real advantage of the Mini is the sub 250g designation.

I would love to have a sub 250g drone for those occasional times when flying my larger drones is not practical so spending that much on a drone for occasional use doesn’t seem practical.

Chris

As much as I travel to countries where the < 250g weight matters, I'd much rather have this than the Air2S. And then I have the M3 for domestic stuff.

When I ordered it, I got something called a "Golden Ticket" not sure what it is though.
Saw that mentioned in the listings. I'm sure it means you get a randomly assigned, low value coupon that you may never use. Sorry, I am a bit pessimistic about DJI's intent towards it's customers.

The only real advantage of the Mini is the sub 250g designation.

Chris
Yeah, if I would be in the US, I would certainly pay that 5 USD and register without worries, but in Europe, at least with the beginning of 2024, all drones without proper C-label become legacy and will mostly render useless in any area with some built-up (150 m distance) additionally to the many other restricted zones, except, you guessed it, < 250 g drones. ;)

That's why I believe DJI pushes this class and is not interested in fiddeling around with authorities and their details of designations anymore. At least for the recreational flyer.

Last edited:
Saw that mentioned in the listings. I'm sure it means you get a randomly assigned, low value coupon that you may never use. Sorry, I am a bit pessimistic about DJI's intent towards it's customers.
Yeah, they probably won’t even send a drone :-(

Lol, I get it, I kinda laughed when I saw it. I'll keep you posted if it turns out to be anything worthwhile

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan