DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avata First flight and impressions

Eagle Eye 62

Reactions
I just got my Avata today and took her out for a spin. I have to say, it is such a cool experience compared to traditional quad copter flying. The controller is intuitive and really easy to use. The drone is fast and responsive and allows you to do things you would never attempt with a standard quad. I was able to fly around my tight back yard, up and over my roof, under outdoor tables around trees, etc. with ease. The direct view from the goggles is crystal clear, the image transmission is flawless and it really gives you confidence to fly close to things you normally wouldn't. If anybody is thinking about getting one but still on the fence, I can say with confidence, you should go for it. I guarantee it is the most fun you will have flying a drone unless you are on of those high end Cinewoop type pilots.

We have a new section in the DJI FPV just for the Avata.
If you run into any issues you might want to join or just look in there.
Join us there like you did here 👍

I just got my Avata today and took her out for a spin. I have to say, it is such a cool experience compared to traditional quad copter flying. The controller is intuitive and really easy to use. The drone is fast and responsive and allows you to do things you would never attempt with a standard quad. I was able to fly around my tight back yard, up and over my roof, under outdoor tables around trees, etc. with ease. The direct view from the goggles is crystal clear, the image transmission is flawless and it really gives you confidence to fly close to things you normally wouldn't. If anybody is thinking about getting one but still on the fence, I can say with confidence, you should go for it. I guarantee it is the most fun you will have flying a drone unless you are on of those high end Cinewoop type pilots.
I think it is better than my traditional cinawhoops, It is the first cinawhoop that is not all cobble together

Reactions: Torque
The motion controller is so much fun! Never really enjoyed flying the FPV Drone, but with the Avata, the MC is an entirely new experience!
Please say more about that.

I have the FPV, and I love it, but I only fly it in wide open spaces. With no prop guards, I haven't even considered taking it into close proximity with anything.

Were there additional reasons why you like the Avata better? I'm thinking about buying one, and I'm most interested in the perspective of people who have flown both.

Thx

Reactions: Torque
I live in the city so it is perfect for flying and parks where there might be people close by it is an extremely fun to fly around inside of a tree canopies and just cruise around slow. But I fly with the controller I haven't even tried the stick thingy, that does look like fun but I haven't got around to it yet.

I live in the city so it is perfect for flying and parks where there might be people close by it is an extremely fun to fly around inside of a tree canopies and just cruise around slow. But I fly with the controller I haven't even tried the stick thingy, that does look like fun but I haven't got around to it yet.
I look forward to trying the MC with the Avata, when I get it.

But for now, I just got a new job, and finding the time to fly at all is still a challenge!

I'll sort it out eventually.

Please say more about that.

I have the FPV, and I love it, but I only fly it in wide open spaces. With no prop guards, I haven't even considered taking it into close proximity with anything.

Were there additional reasons why you like the Avata better? I'm thinking about buying one, and I'm most interested in the perspective of people who have flown both.

Thx
I only tried flying the FPV a view times with the Motion Controller and found it felt cumbersome and not very responsive (I need to try it again to confirm that).
But watching people fly the Avata on YT while waiting for my Avata only to ship, made me try the motion controller right away when the drone finally arrived, and it has been a different experience. The Avata feels more intuitive and responsive than the FPV drone, and the movement just flows with the MC. I took an RC fixed wing flying buddy with me to act as a spotter while I flew over Poverty Bay (Puget Sound area). I did an angled dive in sports mode that put my buddy into a panic; "Hey! You lost power? You are dropping!, you're going in the water!...Wow! You were in control?"
He'd spotted a few times for me flying the original FPV but was surprised at how nimble this drone is in comparison. Let him do a short flight with the motion controller and he loved it. He hated the original FPV drone, so there is that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711