DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFLY Restriction on HI Islands?

WoodMan

Reactions
I noticed the last few weeks that the B4UFLY app shows the whole of the Hawaii Islands and surrounding territorial waters are under "Temporary Flight Restrictions (if I interpret the pink coloring correctly). I only started flying my MM a couple of months ago and never noticed this much restriction here. It only used to be the areas surrounding nearby airports of which I'm located outside of the Kona Int'l Airport restricted area. Is this something new or do I have something set wrong? I don't see any settings within the app.

The DJI Fly app as well as the DJI Go4 app for my recently purchased M2Z don't show any restrictions and do allow me to launch. Any ideas?

See attached screenshot

Attachments

• B4UFLY_9152.pdf
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Howzit @WoodMan! This question was posted a couple weeks ago, too, and no temporary flight restrictions were identified by anyone. We know there are critical infrastructure NFZs around Hickam-Pearl Harbor, Schofield Barracks and other government installations. But that’s never restricted the entire state before, that I’m aware of. The annual naval RIMPAC exercises are not scheduled till August, so it’s too early for any TFR (temporary flight restriction).

Here is a statewide NOTAM (notice to airmen) reminding everyone to stay away from military assets, like the Naval vessels that patrol the water: 0/0852 NOTAM Details

Thinking aloud, I’m wondering if this is related to the statewide mandatory 14-day quarantine for inbound guests and residents, as well as the well-policed stay-at-home order? I put it out there for more knowledgeable people to address, but the timing may not be coincidental.

Last edited:
Reactions: davery87

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying