DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFLY

ANT0407

Reactions
Just curious why the B4UFLY app powered by Kittyhawk says I'm "good to go" when I'm litterally at the end of the runway of the airport. I intentionally tried the app there because i was sure it would tell me i shouldn't fly there and i wanted to see what that message looked like. I have never flown nor would i ever fly there, i was just curious what the app would say.Screenshot_20190812-114330_B4UFLY.jpeg

You are good to go because this is a class G airspace with no need to get an authorization.

Not sure I understand the question...

But, there are thousands of airports without a tower. (That makes them class G for the most part, sometimes class E, but that's another topic)

Aircraft operates there, by making radio calls "in the blind" and having the pilot's head on a swivel, so he can stay clear of traffic on his own.

A UAS pilot can fly in class G without any requirements for authorization, but it would make sense to stay clear of the runway alignments by at least 2 miles. An airplane would be around 600 feet by then, giving you only 200 feet clearance. 3 miles would be better, as an airplane would be around 900 feet.

It might also be prudent to invest in a used portable aviation radio to listen to the traffic pattern.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilewis
Jeplane is correct. Class G starts at the surface and goes up to 699 feet in that area. Then it becomes Class E.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88