DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Baby Humpback plays with Seaweed

RobinM

Reactions
Enjoy this little video of a Baby Humpback playing with some Seaweed.
On the east coast of Australia we have the full southern migration of Humpback happening now until mid November.
Approximately 40-50k whales are passing by on their way back to the homelands of Antarctica.
The babies were calved back in August and are getting stronger and bolder, whilst the mums can only dream of the krill slowly being released as the ice melts in Antarctica as they have had nothing to eat for over 5 months and will have lost half their body weight by the time they get back home.

I spent a week in Bermagui NSW, capturing these delightful mammals and really getting to know my MP3. Super happy with the zoom and crop and still being a luddite editing in Imovie. However, I'm really happy that i've got the blown highlights under control via the camera settings, - i just wish they'd be still for a minute to create smooth video, lol. Guess that'll never happen.

It was quite windy for a few days with gusts up to 40km/hr ( which is a whole other video) but around me people put up an Air 3 - was stable, my MP3 was super stable, but a mini 3 was completely blown sideways and had to come back without reaching whales just 200m offshore. That was interesting to see in action and confirm the choice of a bigger drone when travelling.

Sea Weed Sam

Awesome perspective , good clean video.
I guess there are not to many beach balls floating around for the whale to play when they surface so sea weed works . lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Capture the Orca

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmsilverberg