DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack for Air 2S with RC PRO Controller… Any Recommendations

awickedtruth

Reactions
Just purchased my first drone… the Air 2S with a Pro Controller… is there a backpack the anyone would recommend for this combination… I’ve looked at a few and even bought a Lowepro BP250 but the depth is too shallow it the controller is placed on edge… and laying flat just take up too much room… lots of nice options out there but I don’t see anything that seems to work with the Pro Controller… thanks in advance.

I use this one for my MA2 and it's been working our real well for my but I use the space for the Pro Controller for extra's since I don't own a Pro Controller. It's taken a decent beating so far traveling and nothing has gotten damaged or knocked out of place. I also store my iPad Pro and all my cables in the storage compartment in the top half.

Do you want normal "soft" camera backpack style, or harder case?
What about access.
Front or back, or something which could be accessed without setting it down on ground? (/dirt/mud....)
Should it fit anything else?

I've been struggling to find a bag to carry my drone and a 16" Macbook. Apparently the manufacturers don't think about us big-laptop types. :confused:

Of course, I really want to carry an A2S, Mini 2, Sony mirrorless/lenses, and a laptop. :cool:

Do you want normal "soft" camera backpack style, or harder case?
What about access.
Front or back, or something which could be accessed without setting it down on ground? (/dirt/mud....)
Should it fit anything else?

Here is what I have now but it really needs to be a little bigger…. The pro controller does fit well on its side… so far I have about all available space filled. I do like that this one can carry a small laptop and iPad.

Attachments

• 7D24F3A4-7CA3-4ADC-94E4-A54E82B32A76.png
    7D24F3A4-7CA3-4ADC-94E4-A54E82B32A76.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 20
I've been struggling to find a bag to carry my drone and a 16" Macbook. Apparently the manufacturers don't think about us big-laptop types. :confused:

Of course, I really want to carry an A2S, Mini 2, Sony mirrorless/lenses, and a laptop. :cool:
PGYTECH OneMo … rugged, tough, quality, and can hold everything you mentioned. Go to the website and watch the demo video. I bought it last year during Amazon Prime shopping day. I would buy it at full price.

I use this one, excellent quality and awesome price (5 stars in 2800 reviews) . Even though I don't have the RC Pro, I'm able to accommodate my Air2S and my Mini2 with two controllers, 8 total batteries, two hub chargers, spare cables and propellers, landing pad and my 10" tablet.

MOSISO Camera Backpack, DSLR/SLR/Mirrorless Photography Camera Bag 15-16 inch Waterproof Hardshell Case with Tripod Holder&Laptop Compartment Compatible with Canon/Nikon/Sony, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZCRWPPV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_0KR5B1VH5BAH8PP67YQY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Here is what I have now but it really needs to be a little bigger…. The pro controller does fit well on its side… so far I have about all available space filled. I do like that this one can carry a small laptop and iPad.
Lowepro has internal dimensions listed for every back, so checking if RC Pro fits on its side is easy.
140mm depth is enough for that.

Thinktankphoto would be another to check if you would prefer not having same side against your back, which is also set against ground.
Lowepro has that design in Flipside and ProTactic series.

Thanks, @Baredogs and @Faster . I've been looking at both of those. Appreciate the firsthand experience.

I'm still debating on Lowepro. They make great bags but they told me directly they don't have anything for my 16" Macbook Pro. So I'm trying to decide if I can squish "location" bag into my checked luggage and use my regular backpack for the flights.

I purchased a backpack by Smatree. It has adjustable foam inserts for customization with space for the drone, controller, 3 batteries (4) if you leave one in the drone and ample room for cords and chargers etc. The backpack also has a section for a GoPro, multiple GoPro batteries and accessories plus space for a tablet and section for paper or other accessory. It also has GoPro attachments on both the front and back of the pack as well as storage for a selfie stick. The unit also comes with a waterproof bag that keeps the entire backpack dry in wet weather.

I don’t know how durable the backpack is as I’ve only used it once but bang for your buck, I’d highly recommend this backpack.

I too searched high and low for just the right carry case for my Air 2S. Eventually I bought the Lykus M2 waterproof backpack. It has multiple velcro pieces so you can configurer the interior just as you want. Plenty of additional pockets. There is room for spares and accessories and a flight log book too. It's the best I could find..Not completely perfect but very versatile. £85 from Amazon. Hope this helps

Lowepro has internal dimensions listed for every back, so checking if RC Pro fits on its side is easy.
140mm depth is enough for that.

Thinktankphoto would be another to check if you would prefer not having same side against your back, which is also set against ground.
Lowepro has that design in Flipside and ProTactic series.
I actually purchased the Lowepro BP250…. But when I put the pro controller inside with the antenna facing the back of the backpack I felt the front of the controller was right against the zippered front… and not much protection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan