DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad For Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a stereotype we think about where I am from but whatever floats your boat. Or flies your drone. For the record, it is entirely possible that she IS your sister, the one your mom doesn't know about but that's another thread on another website. The rest of the Arkansas stereotype seems to prove out pretty, pretty PRETTY, close though.

Enough trolling, wear a mask, learn the drone laws on your own without a teacher forcing you and because it is the grownup thing to do. Later! I have some boiled peanuts finishing up, gotta go. .
Eww to the boiled peanuts

Not a stereotype we think about where I am from but whatever floats your boat. Or flies your drone. For the record, it is entirely possible that she IS your sister, the one your mom doesn't know about but that's another thread on another website. The rest of the Arkansas stereotype seems to prove out pretty, pretty PRETTY, close though.

Enough trolling, wear a mask, learn the drone laws on your own without a teacher forcing you and because it is the grownup thing to do. Later! I have some boiled peanuts finishing up, gotta go. .

Lol. Hey you could be right. I am not ashamed to be Southern, proud Redneck.

I am not trolling you, just making you constantly show your( Mod Removed Langage ). Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Hey you could be right. I am not ashamed to be Southern, proud Redneck.

I am not trolling you, just making you constantly show your ***. Lol.
I am also a southern redneck, who has been flying for many many years. Stories like this really tick me off. Just like any manned ac pilot buzzing neighborhoods, this brings unwanted negative attention to all of us.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
I am also a southern redneck, who has been flying for many many years. Stories like this really tick me off. Just like any manned ac pilot buzzing neighborhoods, this brings unwanted negative attention to all of us.

Well you are in the right thread. You are all mad at something you have absolutely no control over.

Reactions: Lionfish
Price is constantly lowering and technology and abilities that used to cost thousands are now in budget drones allowing more irresponsible people to get their hands on it. Always going to be people doing stupid things. Unfortunately it is going to lead to the rules becoming stricter and unfortunately the rules are only going to hurt the responsible ones because the people that do stuff like this aren’t going to follow the rules now or when they are stricter

Reactions: Arkansas_Mavic
I think that is definitely part of it. Another part though is that so many people in today's society feel so entitled and have no sense of personal responsibility. Of course common sense and respect for others went out the window a long time ago. The fact that the pilot is disconnected from the UAV makes it easy for these people to take risks with little perceived risk to themselves. If they were in the cockpit they would have a whole different perspective. Have you noticed that the licensed manned aircraft pilots on these forums are the ones that try to follow the rules and fly responsibly? That is because safety is drilled into pilots from day one of training.

It really is not a big deal. Registration is not a big deal. Obtaining a Part 107 license is almost child's play. Getting LAANC authorization is so simple now. Unlocking DJI zones is an extra step but also not overly burdensome. I feel that those who can't follow those steps, most likely should not be at the controls of a flying vehicle anyway. Many times it is also lack of preparation and planning. We've all seen the posts about "I lost a day's worth of client business because the %$#@*&!@ DJI app wouldn't let me fly". Well if you plan ahead, get all authorizations done, and test everything, then this scenario just doesn't happen.

So this is where the upcoming changes in regulations can be good and bad, depending on how they are finally implemented. If this live connection is indeed implemented and requires a subscription with an official provider, then it kills the hobby. If it is made so that no additional expense and undue burden is put on the pilot, it could make the skies safer and as you said, weed out the riff-raff. As an additional benefit, if the FAA makes it possible to reasonably get clearance to fly beyond VLOS and/or over people, then it makes these UAVs of ours even better. Sure have requirements to ensure safety, have a comprehensive exam (practical exam maybe?), and enforce the regulations. I would be more than happy to jump through the necessary hoops (within reason) to get the ability to fly BVLOS and over people.

Well said. Fully agree!

We should shun if not police the clueless, careless, and criminal among our ranks every time.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
We should shun if not police the clueless, careless, and criminal among our ranks every time.

You should take it a step further and Dox them also. Anyone that acts outside of what makes you feel safe and comfortable is a complete threat to your hobby, safety and maybe your emotional well being. Lol

Reactions: Lionfish
I think that is definitely part of it. Another part though is that so many people in today's society feel so entitled and have no sense of personal responsibility. Of course common sense and respect for others went out the window a long time ago. The fact that the pilot is disconnected from the UAV makes it easy for these people to take risks with little perceived risk to themselves. If they were in the cockpit they would have a whole different perspective. Have you noticed that the licensed manned aircraft pilots on these forums are the ones that try to follow the rules and fly responsibly? That is because safety is drilled into pilots from day one of training.

It really is not a big deal. Registration is not a big deal. Obtaining a Part 107 license is almost child's play. Getting LAANC authorization is so simple now. Unlocking DJI zones is an extra step but also not overly burdensome. I feel that those who can't follow those steps, most likely should not be at the controls of a flying vehicle anyway. Many times it is also lack of preparation and planning. We've all seen the posts about "I lost a day's worth of client business because the %$#@*&!@ DJI app wouldn't let me fly". Well if you plan ahead, get all authorizations done, and test everything, then this scenario just doesn't happen.

So this is where the upcoming changes in regulations can be good and bad, depending on how they are finally implemented. If this live connection is indeed implemented and requires a subscription with an official provider, then it kills the hobby. If it is made so that no additional expense and undue burden is put on the pilot, it could make the skies safer and as you said, weed out the riff-raff. As an additional benefit, if the FAA makes it possible to reasonably get clearance to fly beyond VLOS and/or over people, then it makes these UAVs of ours even better. Sure have requirements to ensure safety, have a comprehensive exam (practical exam maybe?), and enforce the regulations. I would be more than happy to jump through the necessary hoops (within reason) to get the ability to fly BVLOS and over people.

Well said. Fully agree!
Some People have no moral compass, selfish and dont care to be a part of anything. Its been 2 weeks since my Mavic Air lost conection, GPS too, and landed in a tree by my local creek. Lots of people were more than helpful and one guy let me use his phone and dji app after my batt died. But a couple people said they saw a 2 teenage boys slamming and breaking an orange colored toy that could be my drone and since i searched the area for 3 days, it very well could have been. There are just too many people like that in the world who care about nothing or no one else.
Thank you to the folks that helped me, It is appreciated, Richie

You should take it a step further and Dox them also. Anyone that acts outside of what makes you feel safe and comfortable is a complete threat to your hobby, safety and maybe your emotional well being. Lol
All i needed to see. You even know what Dox means and from what i see is illegal also.
Had to look it up :rolleyes:
.Someone online threatened to “dox” my friend (aka post their personal information on the Internet publicly) Is this illegal in the U.S. (or anywhere else at all)? Doxxing is literally a crime, as in, illegal. As in, if it's done to you, you can go to the police. You should too.

Guys i will clean this thread up as soon as i get a chance but just consider it closed.
IMG_8764.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom