DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bali Volcano and my Mavic

Search the hight of that thing...... Only way would be for me to hike up near the summit and put up the drone..... sorry not doing that haha.
never mind the height... the distance from Gili to the volcano might be more of an issue. That being said, if I was there, I would definately hop over the channel to launch... but need to check the air traffic there. 3031m is do'able, but you gotta take that 500m restriction off, obviously!

never mind the height... the distance from Gili to the volcano might be more of an issue. That being said, if I was there, I would definately hop over the channel to launch... but need to check the air traffic there. 3031m is do'able, but you gotta take that 500m restriction off, obviously!
Reading my mind are ya??? LOL im heading to Bali Sunday, but will only be in Bali at one day...... so it NEEDS to erupt when I get there.... ill put in a request. As for the 500M height..... naw dont want to void my dji insurance or my refresh. But then again im sure dji will not replace my drone going into a volcano hahahaha

Im like 50 k away from this thing.... thats about as close as I want to be when it blows! My drone is on stand by ready :)
Not that you should get closer but what sort of results do you hope for by flying 50 km away from the volcano?

AEC7C182235B7083DE0697D4019A46CA.jpg 75A50E3DFBDD6030037792E68C2F8C12.jpg AEC7C182235B7083DE0697D4019A46CA.jpg IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0676.PNG

Agung was pretty quiet when we were diving near it with Bali Scuba at wreck of USAT Liberty.

Took some shots with my Mavic but only our home base in the south at Intercontinental Resort.

Stay safe.

Rob.

View attachment 22468 View attachment 22467 View attachment 22468 View attachment 22465 View attachment 22466

Agung was pretty quiet when we were diving near it with Bali Scuba at wreck of USAT Liberty.

Took some shots with my Mavic but only our home base in the south at Intercontinental Resort.

Stay safe.

Rob.
Nice! You guy see it from that far away? I can only see it because the sun sets direct behind it and there is nothing between me that that MT but open ocean.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair