DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Barge on the Upper Mississippi River

Interesting video, but full screen isn't. Has a black border. Any idea why?

Have you ever seen one of these barge setups broken up to go through a lock? I did years ago when I was young and living in the midwest. Very interesting. Don't know if they still do it though.

Interesting video, but full screen isn't. Has a black border. Any idea why?

Have you ever seen one of these barge setups broken up to go through a lock? I did years ago when I was young and living in the midwest. Very interesting. Don't know if they still do it though.
I don't know, the black border must be from some setting on my export. I use Pinnacle Studio 25... I will check it out. Yes they still break the barges apart to run through the locks.

The borders are there because the original footage (16 x 9 aspect ratio) was exported in a 4 x 3 ratio - hence the top and bottom bars; and then that was uploaded to youtube which puts it back into a 16 x 9 aspect ratio - thus giving the bars on the side.

Make sure when you edit and export you keep the aspect ratio the same all the way through and this will not happen. Good luck.

Nice footage!

Thanks, all, I found how to get my video's to be full screen! a setting in my Pinnacle studio was getting me!

Reactions: retiredNH
Up river then ?
Fantastic skills by the barge pilots / crew keeping that thing straight.

And square fronts would be like pushing a brick through sand, I wonder why no wedge shaped bow ?

Just checked orientation of the river too, and its 2350 mile / 3781km path right down the centre of the US, awesome.

I imagine it's carrying mostly grain and produce from the massive central farming regions, and a spattering of other general products.

Beautiful job. Really liked the close with the beautiful sky. I did an 8 minute one a few years ago, just learning. Left the copyright notice in the whole time and it was way way too long. Did get some interesting stuff. If you care to take a look here's the link. This was just south of Cape Girardeau,MO Vimeo

Up river then ?
Fantastic skills by the barge pilots / crew keeping that thing straight.

And square fronts would be like pushing a brick through sand, I wonder why no wedge shaped bow ?
The barge assemblies move slowly, so a wedge bow wouldn't help that much, and how would they do it, besides? Remember that these are "rafts" of individual rectangular barges assembled (and broken down) as needed.
Just checked orientation of the river too, and its 2350 mile / 3781km path right down the centre of the US, awesome.

I imagine it's carrying mostly grain and produce from the massive central farming regions, and a spattering of other general products.
Barges in the midwest carry a variety of bulk commodities, most often coal, grain, sand, gravel and even petroleum products.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc