DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Barrel distortion (curved horizon)

I don't use Cyberlink but you will be looking for a lens distortion filter. The easiest way to figure out the settings would be to take a sample video looking straight down with something perfectly horizontal at both the top and bottom 10% of the frame (since that is where the distortion is most visible). You could shoot like a road with a curb at the top and bottom of the frame. Then just play with your lens distortion settings till it matches a video not taken in D-Log M. Hope that makes sense.

I don't use Cyberlink but you will be looking for a lens distortion filter. The easiest way to figure out the settings would be to take a sample video looking straight down with something perfectly horizontal at both the top and bottom 10% of the frame (since that is where the distortion is most visible). You could shoot like a road with a curb at the top and bottom of the frame. Then just play with your lens distortion settings till it matches a video not taken in D-Log M. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks will try that I'm new to this [emoji2]

Oh and if you shoot your shot with the horizon splitting the top and bottom of the frame it won’t be curved to begin with. I know it limits composition but you can crop in post.

Reactions: Gixerboy64
Oh and if you shoot your shot with the horizon splitting the top and bottom of the frame it won’t be curved to begin with. I know it limits composition but you can crop in post.

Fixes the horizon but you still get the distortion in the lower part of the frame. Will look very odd, especially if you try to do any tilting or panning motions....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne