DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Baseline Max Height and Distance for Mavic Pro.

nutsnbolts

Reactions
I'm curious as to what the max height and distance for the Maverick Pro should be set up as a Baseline. I know the rth is dependent on the area you are flying in but what do most people set their Max height and max distance despite where they are?

I turn off the "Enable Max Distance" setting to ensure the distance is not limited. For the RTH Altitude, I set it to the altitude of the highest obstacle in the flying area above the takeoff point plus an additional 50 feet (to make sure the Mavic definitely clears that obstacle).

If you are not a noob turn off the max distance and altitude and monitor it on your mobile devices

As msinger has said I also have this disabled and RTH hight is set based on my location each time I fly.

I turn off the "Enable Max Distance" setting to ensure the distance is not limited. For the RTH Altitude, I set it to the altitude of the highest obstacle in the flying area above the takeoff point plus an additional 50 feet (to make sure the Mavic definitely clears that obstacle).

Curious why it's typical to set RTH pretty specifically with regard to obstacles in the area- why not set RTH to max altitude (400') to rule out a miscalculation I might make? (I'm sure there's a good reason :) )

why not set RTH to max altitude (400') to rule out a miscalculation I might make?
What if the tallest obstacle is higher than 400 feet over top of the takeoff point?

Hint: You'll crash into it on the way home. That's why you should never use a magic number (like 400').

why not set RTH to max altitude (400') to rule out a miscalculation I might make? (I'm sure there's a good reason :) )
Another good reason is that your are forcing it to climb to 400' before it starts heading home whether it needs to or not. If you miscalculated or were pushing your flight time too long you might use up more battery than you have in that unnecessary climb.

Reactions: Drizz and Rokitt69
Stupid question if I see the drone and I initiated RTH and I realize it's about to hit something couldn't I stop the RTH sequence? Or even take control of the drone by moving the thumbsticks?

I noticed that when I'm landing I can actually adjust the drone as it goes down. Sorry I haven't really fully fooled around it enough to really know if that is the case.

Stupid question if I see the drone and I initiated RTH and I realize it's about to hit something couldn't I stop the RTH sequence?
As long as the remote controller is connected to your Mavic, you can press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel RTH. Then, manually fly it back to the home point and land.

As long as the remote controller is connected to your Mavic, you can press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel RTH. Then, manually fly it back to the home point and land.
Thanks. So the remote is unresponsive unless you actually cancel the RTH. When it was landing I could move it. I'm assuming that is normal?

So the remote is unresponsive unless you actually cancel the RTH
No. You don't want to take any chances though when your Mavic is heading toward an obstacle. After disabling the automated RTH flight mode, you'll be 100% in control of your aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78