DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries maintenance

george_cc

Reactions
I have the Mavic Pro one year now.I use it once every 3-4 Months.
How i must charge the batteries and how often?
Every time before use i must charge them?
Is it problem for the batteries that i use it so few times?
Should i discharge the batteries full in every use?

NEVER fully discharge the batteries. They'll never wake up again.
Store between 40% to 60%.
Fully charge = Bad
Empty = Bad

How i must charge the batteries and how often?
When your batteries are in storage (not in use), maintain them like this.

Is it problem for the batteries that i use it so few times?
They should be just fine as long as you keep the charge level in the sweet spot (as explained here).

Should i discharge the batteries full in every use?
You don't have to full deplete the batteries. After flying, charge the batteries until at least the 3rd battery light starts blinking if you aren't going to use them again for a while. If you plan to use them again in a couple of days, it would be okay to wait to charge them.

NEVER fully discharge the batteries. They'll never wake up again.
Store between 40% to 60%.
Fully charge = Bad
Empty = Bad
Huh? There’s absolutely nothing wrong or bad with having the battery charged to 100%

Huh? There’s absolutely nothing wrong or bad with having the battery charged to 100%
I meant storing at 100%. Why do you think it's preprogrammed to self discharge after 10 days? It's bad for the battery to store at 100% for extended periods.

I meant storing at 100%. Why do you think it's preprogrammed to self discharge after 10 days? It's bad for the battery to store at 100% for extended periods.
What if mine are discharging sooner? I fly 3 times a week and typically use each of my batteries. I noticed that I was getting 1 less battery light... maybe I will do more in depth tests on these.

What if mine are discharging sooner?
They might if you're flying a Mavic Pro and you changed this setting from the default 10 day setting:

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

Reactions: Mackel
They might if you're flying a Mavic Pro and you changed this setting from the default 10 day setting:

View attachment 36974
Woah!!! I didn't connect to the drone as I am at work, but it shows 1 day... wondering if after I connect, it changes that. Should I change that to 10 days since I am flying plenty?

I didn't connect to the drone as I am at work, but it shows 1 day
That setting is stored on each battery. So, you won't be able to see the current setting unless DJI GO is connected to that specific battery.

Should I change that to 10 days since I am flying plenty?
It should be set to 10 days now if you didn't change it.

Your batteries should have a longer life if they are kept within the storage range (shown below) as much as possible. You should do whatever you need to do to keep them within that range. If changing that setting to 10 days will help you accomplish that goal, then go for it.

upload_2018-5-1_13-57-58.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02