DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery cell broken

mcrksman

Reactions
One of the batteries on my recently acquired used seems to be broken. Once I put it in and connect to the app it immediately says "battery cell broken" and won't let me take off. I've tried discharging and charging it twice but it still isn't working. I highly doubt it's still under warranty so I can't send it back to DJI.

What do you guys suggest? Is there a way to fix it or do I now have a very expensive powerbank?

Maybe spare parts (Battery control board), but that's about it.
Door stop or like you said a powerbank that I would not trust.

Check out the thread Balance plug for Mavic pack. There are a lot of Mavic packs doing this now. It's simply a cell imbalance that comes with age.
There is likely a LOT of good life left in the pack yet. Some people are reporting this problem with only a half dozen cycles on the pack. It seems that the battery management PC board (BMS) in the Mavic packs does not have any useful internal balancing function.

It is also possible to connect a balancing plug directly into the plug at the front of the pack (Inside the case - not outside), but doing so will completely reset the BMS circuit because it requires total disconnection of power from the BMS. You probably don't want to do that.