DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Connector problem

Kass_Jimmy

Reactions
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie toward drone and this forum. (I apologize if I post in a wrong place)
I recently purchased a LiPO 7.4 V 2000mAh battery but I have a problem on connecting the battery to the balance charging board.
Problems:
(1)Can anyone tell me what kind of plug is this on the battery?
(2)what connector/plug should I purchase in order to connect the battery to the charging board?
52642989_10157032320779812_7246189700476567552_o.jpg
52840318_10157032322229812_5310015033235734528_o.jpg

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
This probably belongs in the Mod forum, but oh well.

I recently purchased a LiPO 7.4 V 2000mAh battery but I have a problem on connecting the battery to the balance charging board.
Problems:
(1)Can anyone tell me what kind of plug is this on the battery?
(2)what connector/plug should I purchase in order to connect the battery to the charging board?

The big question is what connector you want to end up with? I personally prefer Deans connectors, but you have to figure out which type you want on your battery based on what connector you have on your drone.

Ideally, you want the connector on your pack to match the connector on your charger but I always default to what the battery has on it.

Your charger looks like it's XT60, battery looks like en EC5 that you cracked apart.

You can always buy an adapter to charge it. Take a look at some of these:

RC Batteries Battery Connectors | RC Planet

If I were you, I would take off that EC5 since its split anyway, and solder on an XT60 so its the same as the charger.

Last edited:
This probably belongs in the Mod forum, but oh well.

The big question is what connector you want to end up with? I personally prefer Deans connectors, but you have to figure out which type you want on your battery based on what connector you have on your drone.

Ideally, you want the connector on your pack to match the connector on your charger but I always default to what the battery has on it.

Your charger looks like it's XT60, battery looks like en EC5 that you cracked apart.

You can always buy an adapter to charge it. Take a look at some of these:

RC Batteries Battery Connectors | RC Planet

If I were you, I would take off that EC5 since its split anyway, and solder on an XT60 so its the same as the charger.
Thank you for your reply and suggestions! I have been looking for the match to my battery plug on the internet but most of them look similar but not the same. So, I am gonna cut it off and replace it with another type. Thank you!

Now that the cat is out of the bag, what project are you working on?

Here are 2 of mine. One was done last year, the other is in progress as a spring project. I use Deans connectors on everything. Old habits die hard.

View attachment 64516View attachment 64515
They look gorgeous! Mine is simple, I am just trying to build my first drone from scratch :).

The plugs on your balance board are male XT-60 plugs. Those on the battery leads are bullet connectors probably 4mm. Cut it off and you can solder on some female XT60 plugs. Hint. When soldering on the females plug plug it into a male plug. The heat of the soldering gun can melt the plastic and cause the plugs to go out of alignment. Having it plugged in when soldering should prevent that.

Reactions: Former Member
Now that would be awesome. Just mix some resin with light blue dye till you get a subtle bluing and then pour into a plastic formed hot tub . You can even add bubbles if you wanted to by dipping a straw down into the mixture. A bar swizzle stick would be best and then blowing gently to create the underwater bubble effect.

Create a build thread for this one!

The red plugs look like banana plugs i think but im positive the yellows are xt60's should say "xt60" on bottom of each yellow plug

Here ya go....edit nevermind xt60's!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190302-005118_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190302-005118_Google.jpg
    861 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Kass_Jimmy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members