DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error

eddypanik

Reactions
today..ready to test drone after gimbal rplacement!!! so happy!!! but...
after start... battery error!!!
it says cell defective repalce battery
if i go inside menu i can see voltage 4.2 3.92 4.2
all LED on stady
100% indication on battery status...
very strange but i have no other battery for test... unluky...

i keep drone on for 30 minute to discharge to 5% and now recharging... i hope will work ...
strange thinks the drone was switched on after gimbal reaplacement with no issue... now just and extra day on the shelf... problem...

"if i go inside menu i can see voltage 4.2 3.92 4.2"

You have a bad cell - 3.92 should be within .1 of the other cells

i know... just strange (as usual big coincidence) after last update of firmware... (every single time i had to do a firmware up date... some strange happened)
from 2017 one year
first update - difference in dji to go... doesn't fit telephone screen any more
second update - lag in the video on telephone
forth update (necessary after gimbal replacement to make it working again, was not passing auto calibration)
and now... battery error...
i m really unlucky or every single up date as a different but to fix on next next next and going forever?

Could be a bug in the latest release where it doesn't balance the battery cells properly.

I know what you mean. It seem like every time something changes it fixes some things and introduces additional bugs. That's software and computer development these days...

Reactions: eddypanik
That's why my bird is stable and happy. never did any of those updates, which seem to hobble the AC for a number of folks.

But one thing you might try, very carefully, cycle thru your battery, running it down to about 10/15 percent, then charge it fully, then repeat maybe 2 times. If no changes happen to that particular cell, then it's probably toast.

Make sure you just keep it close and low, in an open area until you can decide if the battery is done, or can be ressurected...But this battery will be needing a keen eye on it untilit becomes "stable", or a "power bank"...

I run a couple LiPo powered land based monster trucks and if a cell is low usually that battery doesn't last long. The main concern is that the cell can abruptly go to zero volts and and will cause the overall voltage of the batter pack to drop very low and affect the computers and ESC. In the case of my trucks they just stop suddenly and then I have to go get them. If its up in the air well you know what happens...

if with new battery all ok i will buy an ac adapter for old battery and use it as power bank... should be after few discharge it will be ok .(i did it one time only with mavic on the table for 30 minutes to 5% but i dont think is best way... the drone is boiling with no real wind)

new battery arrived and in charge...but... after one week of self discharging (48%) i did a new test with old battery... surprise!!! 4.27 4.24 4.27 and fly good!!!!
now discharged hovering to 5% and recharged, ok tested ok... i will keep as spare battery....
soon test the new one...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx