DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Level Always On 90% Upon Startup

civic1314

Reactions
Anyone here encounter this issue where you only get 90% of battery remaining when the drone successfully connected to your RC even installed with a fully charged battery.

Are you letting the batteries sit for more than 24hrs after charging? The MA2 batteries discharge to around 96% after 24 hours to, I believe, limit swelling. I have had batteries be around 95% or so when they were charged just a little over 24 hours previously.

Last edited:
Reactions: nencmeister
I was always careful to avoid fully charging my batteries much before I was to use them. If I was on a trip lastly several days with drone flight everyday I'd charge all of them to about 80% the night before and then charge them the rest of the way while driving to the location using an inverter in the car. If the first location was close enough that I'd not have enough time to fully charge them then I'd charge the one(s) I'd use at the first location in the hotel/motel that morning. After use I'd discharge them to about 50% for longer term storage. You don't want to leave the batteries either fully charged or fully discharged for any length of time so charging or discharging to get to about 50% is what you want to do when you need to store them for a while.

For discharging my batteries I use an LED light panel that I use for shooting video indoors and with the appropriate connector I can set the discharge rate at anything up to about 100W. My light panel uses a 'buck converter' to take the higher voltage of the P4P and Inspire 1 batteries and reduce it to 12V or less, so for the 3C batteries in the Mavic Air 2 I'll need to adjust the buck converter to more like 9V maximum -- that will lower the power usage to a max of about 20W or so but that will be fine for the 41Whr batteries in the Mavic Air 2.

Brian

Yes it's a feature to preserve the longevity of your battery and prevent swelling. It's a feature not an issue

It’s also a feature that is clearly described in the user manual....

Also it will discharge itself to 60% after 5 days of being left idle. Just in case you were not aware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin