DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Level Indication

I’ve never tried it as I’m pretty conservative, but if a drone was really far away (illegal in itself), and the battery started getting low, would it fly FARTHER in P mode or Sport mode? Assuming no extreme winds.
I don't know the answer, but it might depend on the wind direction and speed. With a good tailwind, P might be best. With a stiff headwind, Sport mode might be better. Is there a best L/D speed? :)

Reactions: Dbez1
It looks to me from the little that I've seen it that it really uses up the battery at a good rate in Sport mode. You can switch back and forth for a clue. I was showing 6 minutes remaining in sport and around 20 in P. I always figure that both are optimistic. I knew with my 1 that I was paying a price for speed but I didn't realize it was that much.
I really use up my phone battery with this app. could be the phone. I'm trying to always remember to let the RC charge the phone...I wish that was a default setting.

With a good tailwind, P might be best. With a stiff headwind, Sport mode might be better. Is there a best L/D speed?
We all stay LOS so it's just hypothetical right? I do know from experience that they glide worse than a tripacer

Reactions: hpilot
I think there were a few "tests" with some other DJI drones and it noted Sports Mode is less efficient. If you have a battery level, I think normal mode (or even hands off sticks, which is slower than full normal mode) is probably best. Sport mode needed if you have to fight the head wind. Once we get some flight data from enough flights, we can take a look.

Reactions: Dbez1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight