DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod thread

Turns out all the new batteries I purchased have not been updated. All my minis are running on firmware .200 so it always said update firmware. I put them in my mini that I updated and all my new batteries say battery request firmware update.

[QUOTE = "Justinswidebody, publicación: 892605, miembro: 108385"]
Además, hice un vuelo principalmente en modo p hoy y prácticamente volé sin parar y obtuve 40 minutos de tiempo de vuelo real.

[MEDIA = datos aéreos] OxfAcf [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAR]
What battery pack have you used for 40 min?

Good news
Finally, I own a magic board. I’ve done a cold swap on a un-updated and activated battery. For swap, I’ve followed the instructions by Everbit and Justinwidebody. Thanks a lot

Can you describe exactly what have you done?
1. Take new factory sealed battery (don't plug it into the drone or hub)
2. Unsolder "+" terminal
3. Unsolder balancing cable (red one)
4. Unsolder "-" terminal

Am i right? Something else?

What can we do after these actions? Can we plug any battery pack using 3 pin connector? How did you activate controller after unplugging original battery pack?
Thanks!

[QUOTE = "Justinswidebody, publicación: 892605, miembro: 108385"]
Además, hice un vuelo principalmente en modo p hoy y prácticamente volé sin parar y obtuve 40 minutos de tiempo de vuelo real.

[MEDIA = datos aéreos] OxfAcf [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAR]
What battery pack have you used for 40 min?

I use Samsung 21700 50e cells charged to 4.5v per cell. I don't recommend this, you could blow your house up and yourself.... I take no responsibility for any mishaps.

Do you have impedance measurements for those cells?
And which was end-of-flight cell's and out-board air temperature in that test-run?

This link has data test performed by others.

I flew to 2.5v per cell. The outside temperature was 78 degrees F.

The mini hardly ever goes above 10amps. So that battery performs perfectly.

I really wamt a magic board soo bad orderd two batterys ive spent soo much with 4hawks plus two sunhans 2.4ghz amps now 3 extra batterys ffs its cost me a bomb getting this little thing to do what i want
Good news
Finally, I own a magic board. I’ve done a cold swap on a un-updated and activated battery. For swap, I’ve followed the instructions by Everbit and Justinwidebody. Thanks a lot View attachment 89123

Hi guys, this is my 1st post here and btw, I send you greetings from France for this new year.

... And I have a question : Is there anyone here who could extract a working battery memory dump ?
The goal is to retrieve an original firmware to re-flash new batteries with old firmware.

This is good idea but difficult to implement in practice.
The main barrier is that OEM usually protects firmwares from copying to withstand massive cloning and replication by counterfait makers. Otherwise market would be full of cheap batteries. But it's not the case.

Reactions: Emanáku
With no banking system immune to hacking, I find it fascinating the Dji battery algo is not yet broken..
It hurts me seeing two $3 18650 li-ion are being sold at over $50. In Indonesia haven't seen cheaper than $70

With no banking system immune to hacking, I find it fascinating the Dji battery algo is not yet broken..
It hurts me seeing two $3 18650 li-ion are being sold at over $50. In Indonesia haven't seen cheaper than $70
This might be naive since i dont know much about batteries but what would stop me from opening a DJI battery and replacing the internal 2 rechargeable li-ion cells with non branded cells? Keeping the head unit of the battery the same?

$50 iPhones are sold at $500 so DJI is not first in this 'invention'.
But they still allow to use $3 cells in their batteies by selecting 'non-dji battery' option in the engineering settings.
With loss of any warranty but customers at least still have an option.

Reactions: netsonic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR