DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Protectors and One Piece Gimbal Cover

swooshdave

Reactions
If you haven't heard of this site it's handy at times. Vipon.com

Amazon cracked down on fake reviews a little while back so Vipon was created. You sign up and then shop for stuff. They give you a huge discount code and the expectation is that you will buy and review. You are under absolutely no obligation to review, hence it skirts the Amazon rules.

I check there before shopping on Amazon just in case what I'm looking for is on Vipon.

Of course I searched for "drone" on Vipon and found this:

CZFRIEND DJI MAVIC AIR 3Pcs Battery Charging Port Cover Cap + 1Pc Drone body Dust-Proof Plug + 1Pc Camera Gimbal Cover Lens Cap for DJI MAVIC AIR

Once you register on Vipon you just click on Instant Deal and you get a coupon code. Copy that code and follow the Amazon link. Warning, you only get the code once so make sure you copied it correct (leave the Vipon window open). Another warning, only put the Vipon item in your cart. Nothing else.

https://www.amazon.com/CZFRIEND-Battery-Charging-Dust-Proof-Camera/dp/B07BLR14XC

So instead of $12.99 I got this set for $6.50. With free shipping.

26608268347_0705532b84_h.jpg

40586167465_325571406f_h.jpg

41479351761_adce1e941b_h.jpg

26608143207_ec1bde9e70_h.jpg

40586258695_31feb8aceb_h.jpg

26608134167_bf1c55d726_h.jpg

The one piece cover is interesting. It slide on and locks. I think it's a good idea. I'll use the stock one for now but I have a backup.

I don't think I've used the gimbal cover once since I got the drone. If it's flying it's off, and if it's not flying it's in the case where it's protected anyways. I did throw a filter on the lens though that I leave on all the time.

I don't think I've used the gimbal cover once since I got the drone. If it's flying it's off, and if it's not flying it's in the case where it's protected anyways. I did throw a filter on the lens though that I leave on all the time.

I was going to comment on being careful... then I saw who posted... :cool:

If you search on eBay worldwide, or AliExpress, you'll find the real price of these things. Those battery protectors cost less than a dollar, and the gimbal covers are $0.97-1.23 each with free shipping. Biggest thing is wait time is like 2-3 weeks

Battery terminal covers look really handy. I just ordered a few for 0.99GBP each from China. What's the advantage of the single piece gimbal cover instead of the one that comes with the Mavic Air? I found the single piece gimbal cover on ebay for £1.78 GBP. Key difference seems that it just slides in from the front and there is no pinch clips to remove like the original one. How does it look and feel?

Below are some pics of the one piece gimbal cover on eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
@swooshdave what's the advantages of the one piece gimbal cover compared to the stock original provided by DJI? I am thinking whether I should get the one piece cover or not

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc