DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery questions

jljbtm

Reactions
2 of my batteries showed "storage discharge " in red on my display and while flying today.
I haven't seen this before anyone know?

Seems to be an addition to a recent firmware. It's to let you know that the batteries were auto discharging right before you started to use them. Many times people charge their batteries and then expect them to be at full charge when you use them a day or two later. The new big red warning let's you know that they were auto discharging so they are _not_ at 100%.

A battery related question just crossed my mind today.
Is it ok to turn on the drone, fly for a few minutes to take photos/videos, then land and turn off? And do that a few times, say when going for a 2hr hike. Or it is better for the battery health to fly from 100% to 30% in one go?

I have no issues doing that at all. But be careful to watch your percentage. I did do that one time and ran out of juice while looking for something. Had to come back for a fresh battery

Every 2 months I do run my batteries down really low to do the “reset” they say just to cover my a$$

Nothing stops us from doing that. I am just concern if it might affect battery life. We all want to get the most use out of our batteries before needing to replace them.
I suppose the "reset" might work. Definitely don't want the battery to "forget" what's 100% and then fall out of the sky.

Check your auto discharge day count vs time since last charged
I know they start to self discharge after X days,

Is there somewhere you can go to see where the battery is in the process other than putting the battery in and checking the % on the RC?
I know they self discharge and I just top the charge off before I go fly or if it is a spontaneous fly I just see how much charge they have. I number them and use them in sequence.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar