DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery's

New to this

Reactions
I have the MA2 combi with 3 battery's. I charged them up individualy as shown on you tube. Some time later (2 days) I took 1 out and they "felt" warm. Is this normal please?
My other enquiry is How should I store them fully charged or let them "go down" until I need to use them.

Thanks guys

@New to this ,have you read the online manual for the drone ,give it a go it will answer many questions ,yes it is normal for the batteries to feel warm as the automatically discharge store them at around 50 to65% or two lights solid one flashing then charge them fully before you intend to fly

To "New to this" it may be possible for you to change the delay before self discharge is tripped but it is apparently NOT a good idea to store batteries near fully charged for a long period.
Where I can, and I remember to do so, I am switching my drone batteries' delay to 1 day.

Last edited by a moderator:
To "New to this" it may be possible for you to change the delay before self discharge is tripped but it is apparently NOT a good idea to store batteries near fully charged for a long period.
Where I can, and I remember to do so, I am switching my drone batteries' delay to 1 day.
Oh, explain to me how to do this delay thing please

It may be model dependent, hence "may", but in the go and go4 apps there is the option in one of the battery 'menus'. See around 1:19 in

I can not check in the fly app as the MM does not have compatible batteries but since the MA2 is 'posher' it may do. If so I imagine the option will be somewhere similar.

Reactions: A.O.
Check Battery Info Tab under the Safety section (Fly App) . Aircraft must be on and connected. Note that if you can change it (Aircraft dependent) You have to do each battery separately. :) I believe the MA2 is default at 5 days, and again I believe it is adjustable on that model....someone confirm?

It may be model dependent, hence "may", but in the go and go4 apps there is the option in one of the battery 'menus'. See around 1:19 in

I can not check in the fly app as the MM does not have compatible batteries but since the MA2 is 'posher' it may do. If so I imagine the option will be somewhere similar.
Thanks, I'll have to go look later

So to piggyback on this thread, got the MA2 but with the crappy wx all month, I can only fly it once a week. So I fly until the battery gets low/dies and typically recharge them that night. But should I just leave them in their drained state for the week and simple charge them the night befor an intended flight date?

Sorry Guys I have just seen "other" posts with this problem and it is quite normal. I should have looked at the manual Thanks again

Atta-boy. :) ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78