DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bay Area Pilots Sound Off

Hi there. I live in SSF. I've been looking at all the maps I could, and it appears the area slightly south of Half Moon Bay to just north of Pescadero isn't marked as restricted. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Hi there. I live in SSF. I've been looking at all the maps I could, and it appears the area slightly south of Half Moon Bay to just north of Pescadero isn't marked as restricted. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

That is correct. South of pescadero, you have to stay over land due to NOAA marine sanctuary overflight restrictions

Reactions: Spudboy
Ringo, can you share a Google Maps image of where you took off from? This is a great photo!

Thanks!
I didn't take that photo but I believe it was from Big Break marina and east bay regional park which is definitely a NFZ, personally I have used the park next to Vintage Parkway Elementary on weekends or afterschool.

anyone flown around Coit Tower?

yes

f079a9864a66b11b6d0c789bf7efafdc.jpg

This is Tee, I'm in Oakland, I've been flying only a couple of months, Mavic Pro 2, I been a photographer for at least 20 years, I just ran across this site so please forgive me for coming in late, now that the weather is changing here in the bay area I still need to continue to practice my flying techniques and get used to my drone, please let me know if anyone has anything planned or getting together some tips on flying.
Thanks
TeeDJI_0191.jpg

Reactions: MavicAir2Hal
This is Tee, I'm in Oakland, I've been flying only a couple of months, Mavic Pro 2, I been a photographer for at least 20 years, I just ran across this site so please forgive me for coming in late, now that the weather is changing here in the bay area I still need to continue to practice my flying techniques and get used to my drone, please let me know if anyone has anything planned or getting together some tips on flying.
Thanks
TeeView attachment 86950
Hi Tee. There used to be quite a bit of activity in the area but I've been away from it like many others. There used to be a weekly flying group at the Berkeley Marina.

Thanks for your response, hopefully this group will continue to connect and help one another and get together occasionally even if it's just to have lunch and talk, I think it's just cool to meet others with some of the same interest.

Place to fly around the Bay

Excellent SF TL (Hyperlapse) video Steve! Am finally looking into TL aerials (hyperlapse) I have done land based TL's but not yet with M2P. Was wondering if you use Course Lock, Waypoints, etc. to add movement to your Hyperlapse sequences? Is there any way to program in a slow, smooth pan movement? Thanks

Reactions: Ringo
There's a Meetup group that meets down that way (when meetings become possible again).

Sunnyvale/South Bay (Just updated my profile)

Reactions: pelagic_one
There's a Meetup group that meets down that way (when meetings become possible again).
Thanks for the info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest