DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bay Area Pilots Sound Off

San Francisco here. Just got a DJI Air. Looking for anyone who wants to meet up and/or any suggestions for places within the city to fly legally and safely!

Any good locations around redwood city?
Hate to repeat this but Sunnyvale's Baylands Park is one place a lot of people fly. They've marked the limits of where you can fly (you can't continue over the nature protected bay areas). It gets boring picture wise but for me at least a close place to practice or test out app changes. Be conscious of the airports up and down the peninsula and no telling how many local ordinances.

Hate to repeat this but Sunnyvale's Baylands Park is one place a lot of people fly. They've marked the limits of where you can fly (you can't continue over the nature protected bay areas). It gets boring picture wise but for me at least a close place to practice or test out app changes. Be conscious of the airports up and down the peninsula and no telling how many local ordinances.
Know about that and pretty much bored. I often have to go South of Hollister to find lonely places.
How about college campuses on weekends? The parking lots are empty

I feel for you guys that have to look for a place to fly, hope you find a good place.

isn't it really windy there?

i fly from TI all the time. i'm not 100% sure of the legality of it - technically i'm sure most of the takeoff spots are private property, but on a weekend early morning it's deserted, not within any other restricted airspace, and there are some great shots to be had of SF as well as just a good open place to practice....

there are various fields, empty lots, parking lots, etc all over the east and north-central sides of the island. the great lawn on the west side is tempting but there are sometimes people there. i'm probably more sensitive to this than others need be since i fly a much bigger platform than the mavic.

from nearby YBI

8362-panorama-1920.jpg

Hello, new Mavic Air pilot from the south bay here. Looking for good places to fly in the general San Jose area.

[And, like others, I don't know why these threads are in the Northwest section instead of the Southwest. :) ]

Hello, new Mavic Air pilot from the south bay here. Looking for good places to fly in the general San Jose area.

[And, like others, I don't know why these threads are in the Northwest section instead of the Southwest. :) ]
Baylands Park.

Reactions: ksmusa
Newbie with Mavic Air from SF. but I practice flying in Pacifica.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada