DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bay Area Pilots Sound Off

Hey is anyone getting together at César E. Chávez Park anytime soon??? was there over the weekend and it was nice and there were people flying the RC Plans. didnt see any drones. Hit me up if you guys are going there anytime soon.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Excellent SF TL (Hyperlapse) video Steve! Am finally looking into TL aerials (hyperlapse) I have done land based TL's but not yet with M2P. Was wondering if you use Course Lock, Waypoints, etc. to add movement to your Hyperlapse sequences? Is there any way to program in a slow, smooth pan movement? Thanks

I use waypoints primarily and only two of them. Any more and you’d see weird motion in the middle of the hyperlapse.

Really beautiful footage there, I'm sure your aware of the risks you were taking filming at night and SF is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I am fully aware of the rules and risks and pay careful attention to low flying helos. I fly under sanctioned CBO rules with appropriate lighting.

Hello all! Recently got a mini 2 and loving it; but hoping to find some good spots around South Bay (San Jose) area. Seems everything worth going to is restricted

I live in Texas, but I do most of my flying in SF Bay Area with my son ( a fellow Mavic pilot in San Mateo). Won't make another trip out there until we get our COVID shots.

Check out Airmap. That will show you the sad reality of how much Bay Area is off limits -and that's just FAA. Most parklands are off limits to drones: State Parks, National Parks, GGNRA, and in Marin all lands owned by the Municipal Water Districts -which I assume will have similar restrictions for East Bay. Much of SF too. I was looking forward to getting aerials of all the places in Marin that I've been shooting land based landscapes of for years. Nope. Almost all off limits. Also anywhere near designated airports. And better not to poach -as it gives drones more bad press -and restrictions. It's not all hopeless, but you will need to be creative. Learn the rules first, not after its too late.

Hey is anyone getting together at César E. Chávez Park anytime soon??? was there over the weekend and it was nice and there were people flying the RC Plans. didnt see any drones. Hit me up if you guys are going there anytime soon.
I live near César Chávez park and fly there occasionally. Mostly I see kites and RC flyers, but occasionally other drone pilots are there. Will probably go fly this weekend and test out the new FPV drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio