DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be gentle with your equipment. Treat it like the expensive camera that it is.

Forcast for tomorrow. Similar for the whole forecast period of 1 week

Wednesday 30 January
Summary
partly-cloudy.png
Min 16 Max 29 Mostly sunny.Chance of any rain: 0%
rain_0.gif

Mostly sunny. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the morning then becoming southeast to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the early afternoon.
Fire Danger - High

Sun protection recommended from 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme

Reactions: Former Member
thanks for the tips,
please can you elaborate further on best suited and how a magnetic charger is used to charge the controller.
my definition of best suited i think refers to the type of tablet or phone you use for flying your drone some work better than others as far as the magnetic charging cable is concerned it is a means of plugging a micro usb socket into the side of the controller which is used for charging. this stays in the controller and then a magnetic cable is attached from the charger to charge it the idea for this is to prevent damage to the charging port of the controller through plugging, unplugging the micro usb which if you are not careful can damage the port if you do this then you are unable to charge the controller any more.to connect the controller to your tablet or phone you then use the USB port under the bottom of the controller hope this makes sense

Whats my point today?
  1. Always use your gimbal lock and gimbal bubble when transporting your drone. Gimbals are very easily damaged being bumped around.
  2. Dont jam your Mavic into a case or back pack. An arm or motor could bend or break, or front leg could crack off.
  3. Use a film to protect your controller screen from scratches. Once it gets so scratched that you cant see the display, the display will need to be replaced.
  4. Use a magnetic or reversible cable to charge your controller. Many topics on this.
  5. Use a stick protector on your controller. The sticks will break off or become detached if you apply too much pressure on them. On Airs or M2's unscrew your sticks and stow them.
  6. Dont fly or travel without an insurance plan on it.
  7. Dont stick it in your moist backpack.
  8. Dont let your kids fly it..
  9. Dont fly it indoors
Best regards,

Rob
Thunderdrones
We always have your best interests at heart

Thanks Rob, you may have endorsed the magnetic cable before but just wanted you to know I just ordered one based on your post and the 51 Drones YouTube recommendation.

Whats my point today?
  1. Always use your gimbal lock and gimbal bubble when transporting your drone. Gimbals are very easily damaged being bumped around.
  2. Dont jam your Mavic into a case or back pack. An arm or motor could bend or break, or front leg could crack off.
  3. Use a film to protect your controller screen from scratches. Once it gets so scratched that you cant see the display, the display will need to be replaced.
  4. Use a magnetic or reversible cable to charge your controller. Many topics on this.
  5. Use a stick protector on your controller. The sticks will break off or become detached if you apply too much pressure on them. On Airs or M2's unscrew your sticks and stow them.
  9. Dont fly it indoors
Best regards,

Rob
Thunderdrones
Great points Rob. As a new pilot I really appreciate your posting this. I have one question. What are stick protectors and where do I find them for a MP1? Thanks!

Reactions: old man mavic
Whats my point today?
  9. Dont fly it indoors
Best regards,

Rob
Thunderdrones
Great Tips thankyou

Well I failed #8 and here is the proof. I let my 9 y/o fly. Thats also my daughter riding on the bike. She flys too :) Oops to the list.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well I failed #8 and here is the proof. I let my 9 y/o fly. Thats also my daughter riding on the bike. She flys too :) Oops to the list.

Right around 35 seconds, you were right in his crosshairs.... better not get him angry. :oops:

Right around 35 seconds, you were right in his crosshairs.... better not get him angry. :oops:
LOL He gets to fly so i dont think that will happen :) I also had all the sensors on for him. He REALLY wants to fly FPV.

Whats my point today?
  9. Dont fly it indoors
Best regards,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Well said ! And I will also add that you should not pack your drone with its propeller still attached to the motors, as they can get damaged that way and/or provide stress and/or damages to your motors as well. I don't think the extra 10 seconds to put them on or off worth the risk. Plus, removing them after each flights will also allow for regular motor & props inspections. ;)

Well said ! And I will also add that you should not pack your drone with its propeller still attached to the motors, as they can get damaged that way and/or provide stress and/or damages to your motors as well. I don't think the extra 10 seconds to put them on or off worth the risk. Plus, removing them after each flights will also allow for regular motor & props inspections. ;)

Good point.

I always travel with my props on, photo attached. I do my maintenance when I get home, a thorough check off everything so I know I’m good to go next time I fly. Sooooo is this wrong then about the props?43BDAD46-D1AB-41DA-B316-B909F9C994E4.jpeg

I always travel with my props on, photo attached. I do my maintenance when I get home, a thorough check off everything so I know I’m good to go next time I fly. Sooooo is this wrong then about the props?View attachment 61798
Me too. We’re rebels.

No, there are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those that don't. ;)

I must definitely be the 11th then, can’t even get past number 3 counting

I always travel with my props on, photo attached. I do my maintenance when I get home, a thorough check off everything so I know I’m good to go next time I fly. Sooooo is this wrong then about the props?View attachment 61798

In my opinion, yes it's wrong. While stored in the case like this, the bottom props especially will have some stress on them as well as the motor where they attach to, while the aircraft rest on them. Also, when you fold/unfold the arms of the bird, you may add some stress on the props and motor as well, especially for those out there that tend to grab the arms by the props when unfolding. But hey, it's your gear, you do what you want with it. I was trying to give a safety advise based on personal experience, and just prefer to take zero risks with my bird is all. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeakDistrictFlyer