DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be gentle

PROBLEM SOLVED !!

WHOOP WHOOP !!!!!

It was really something so silly and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit what it was.

However in the interests of the spirit in which you guys have genuinely been helpful in guiding me to finding what was wrong and to help others in future. Here goes:

I'm relatively new to droning and I have all my video set to 2.7 k. However when I first acquired the drone I was recording in 1080p. Now the difference between 1080p and the cache footage is fantastic and so I thought I was watching 2.7 k on my TV from the stick. However today I discovered that the initial videos I took were filmed in 1080p not 2.7k hence they played successfully on my TV from thecstick.

My TV is not up to playing actual 2.7 k but my pc is.so since march all my 2.7k footage was too complex for my TV to decipher.
So the fix was go into settings and record in 1080. A newer more modern TV will enable me to view footage in mm 2.7k.

Thanks for all your help.

I don't download from drone. I take SD card out and put it in a card reader. Maybe I could try direct from drone. But as I say, this method was working then suddenly know doesn't
For what it's worth, I had this problem frequently with my Hubson 501M and once with my Mavic Mini. Someone along the line suggested shutting down the camera before powering down the drone. I've been doing that in both drones ever since and haven't had the problem since.

Reactions: RonW
The mavic will format cards larger than 32 gb in exFAT (smaller in FAT32). In that case, you should be able to create video files larger than 4 gigs. However, I use a 128 gig SD card and it still limits me to 4 gigs. It may be that I have to change a setting in the DJI go 4 app.

Glad to hear it was sorted out where the TVs don't support 2.7K and the previous recordings turned out to be 1080p.
You could try different frame rates.

Here's some technical clarifications about storage:
NTFS is proprietary to Microsoft. Some other OSs may handle NTFS, many times as read-only but "appliaces" running Linux often don't.

Generally storage at 32GB or less will be formatted FAT32, those bigger will be formatted in ExFAT.

In theory one should be able to format bigger storage as FAT32, but cluster size will have to be bigger. Windows won't natively let you format bigger storage as FAT32 but you can download an application to force the issue. The device might have problems with the custom format though.

ExFAT can support files bigger than 4GB but DJI ops to still limit the file size to 4GB. The recording will simply continue to the next file. DJI sticking to 4GB may be to conserve code in being universal to both formats, or the codec/video header has this limitation.

Glad to hear it was sorted out where the TVs don't support 2.7K and the previous recordings turned out to be 1080p.
You could try different frame rates.

Here's some technical clarifications about storage:
NTFS is proprietary to Microsoft. Some other OSs may handle NTFS, many times as read-only but "appliaces" running Linux often don't.

Generally storage at 32GB or less will be formatted FAT32, those bigger will be formatted in ExFAT.

In theory one should be able to format bigger storage as FAT32, but cluster size will have to be bigger. Windows won't natively let you format bigger storage as FAT32 but you can download an application to force the issue. The device might have problems with the custom format though.

ExFAT can support files bigger than 4GB but DJI ops to still limit the file size to 4GB. The recording will simply continue to the next file. DJI sticking to 4GB may be to conserve code in being universal to both formats, or the codec/video header has this limitation.
It isn’t a matter if DJI limiting the video file size to 4GB. The basic AVI container uses 32 bit pointers internally for addressing, 2^32=4GB. It’s that simple. The volume formatting scheme isn’t the limiting issue here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111