DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be gentle

I don't download from drone. I take SD card out and put it in a card reader. Maybe I could try direct from drone. But as I say, this method was working then suddenly know doesn't
Misunderstood. But it's the same with the SD card being taken out before shut down. Incomplete
Hope you solve it. Good luck

2 ideas for you:
- maybe your video files are above 4Go, and that can mess with old TV file systems
- why don't you try leaving the card in the Mavic, and connecting it to your TV with the usb cable? Once powered on, the Mavic can be seen as a usb storage by your TV, and play videos.
Warning though to keep it fresh as it may heat a bit.

Reactions: KJT and Arnu69
Could it be the formatting type on your card has been changed?

My TV had a similar issue with playing files on a USB stick one day then not the next - I had formatted from FAT32 (4GB file size limit) to EXFAT - no such limit. This caused one of my TVs no issues at all and it played fine regardless of the format of the USB stick. The other TV suddenly refused to play any files from the USB at all.
I reformatted back to FAT32, and now all my TVs will play the files on the USB stick. I just have to keep in mind that the individual files ( read: your flight recordings) cannot exceed 4GB on that particular USB stick.

Just an idea...

2 ideas for you:
- maybe your video files are above 4Go, and that can mess with old TV file systems
- why don't you try leaving the card in the Mavic, and connecting it to your TV with the usb cable? Once powered on, the Mavic can be seen as a usb storage by your TV, and play videos.
Warning though to keep it fresh as it may heat a bit.
Great idea, but I have read that the internal chip can overheat and burnout if left in a 'switched on but not flying' kind of state.

Reactions: Arnu69
Could it be the formatting type on your card has been changed?

My TV had a similar issue with playing files on a USB stick one day then not the next - I had formatted from FAT32 (4GB file size limit) to EXFAT - no such limit. This caused one of my TVs no issues at all and it played fine regardless of the format of the USB stick. The other TV suddenly refused to play any files from the USB at all.
I reformatted back to FAT32, and now all my TVs will play the files on the USB stick. I just have to keep in mind that the individual files ( read: your flight recordings) cannot exceed 4GB on that particular USB stick.

Just an idea...
I like the sound of this but what do I do to reformat back to Fat32 ?
How do I do this ? I called the thread be gentle as I'm not the techiest person you'll ever meet lol. So how do I do this procedure please ?

Reactions: KJT
I like the sound of this but what do I do to reformat back to Fat32 ?
How do I do this ? I called the thread be gentle as I'm not the techiest person you'll ever meet lol. So how do I do this procedure please ?

depends, are you on a apple or windows computer? “Be gentle” assumes that you’re not running linux:p

Running Windows 10. Wtf is a Linux ? Lol !!
lol, its just another operating system that usually do not come pre-installed on computers.

on topic:
1. Stick the card in the computer/external card reader/connect MM to the computer.
2. Then proceed to > First of all, open Disk Management by right clicking on "This PC/My computer"-> "Manage"-> "Disk Management". Then you will see the basic information on your disk. Right-click the SD card and select "Format", then select "FAT32" at the File system drop-down and click "OK".

source:

lol, its just another operating system that usually do not come pre-installed on computers.

on topic:
1. Stick the card in the computer/external card reader/connect MM to the computer.
2. Then proceed to > First of all, open Disk Management by right clicking on "This PC/My computer"-> "Manage"-> "Disk Management". Then you will see the basic information on your disk. Right-click the SD card and select "Format", then select "FAT32" at the File system drop-down and click "OK".

source:
I reckon this might be the answer. Will report back. Many Thanks.

Ok did that. Only to options were NTFS or exFat. Formatted to NTFS and drone just said insert an SD card.
Then formatted to exFat drone was fine, did a short recording and copied to stick. Plugged stick into TV and this file is invalid. Doh!!!
IMG20200418074306.jpgIMG20200418074306.jpgIMG20200418074306.jpgIMG20200418074306.jpgIMG20200418074426.jpgIMG20200418074555.jpgIMG20200418074306.jpgIMG20200418074426.jpgIMG20200418074555.jpgIMG20200418074623.jpgIMG20200418075905.jpgIMG20200418074306.jpg

So drone doesn't recognise SD card at all when formatted to NTFS.

Drone recognises exFat format. Records video fine and plays back fine. When copied to usb stick won't play on TV.
So I think it has something to do with an update back in Feb early march. Or something to do with TV. But it did work fine before ??????

NTFS is used in America etc. You should definitely be able to format into FAT32 using windows 10. Have you tried plugging it into the pc, a box should pop up showing you all your drives (including the main C drive (and anything else you have attached). Right click on the micro SD card and you should see a format option. This will then have a drop down menu which should include ExFat, FAT32 etc
If the pc has any issues seeing the card then you have to try formatting it using diskpart

NTFS is used in America etc. You should definitely be able to format into FAT32 using windows 10. Have you tried plugging it into the pc, a box should pop up showing you all your drives (including the main C drive (and anything else you have attached). Right click on the micro SD card and you should see a format option. This will then have a drop down menu which should include ExFat, FAT32 etc
If the pc has any issues seeing the card then you have to try formatting it using diskpart
Now 'Diskpart' is enough to scare anybody off a computer for life! Hopefully you don't have to get down to using that tool - the potential for screwing up your computer is enormous!

The micro SD card is too big for formatting in FAT32. The maximum size for that is 32GB - hence the name I suppose. Try a smaller card, format to FAT32, and see if that works.

Alternatively you could partition your card into 4 x 32gb and then it could be formatted to FAT32, but that's going to give you other issues with usability I would think.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01