DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be more honest Epson but the possibilities are mind-blowing.

The lights are going well, just ordered another two with some holders for the front legs, planning to use 4 on the Mavic Pro. The strobeon are ideal as they don't change any of the flight characterisitic.
The Lume cubes are a bit heavy for the Mavic but work perfectly on the P4P
How far can you see your MP with the lights?

How far can you see your MP with the lights?

Haven't really tested it that far out, will do so when I get the other 2 lights.

As a guide the strobeon on website is claiming 4.8km at night , so I'd just say under a km during the day, especially if I have 4 going.

Last edited:
I picked a lume Cube today I tried it out in the middle of the day I could see craft at 600m. without the light and 900 with the light. with difficulty.
So it looks like the end of the Quest for me I'm sure it's very good when we really need to fly at Dawn and dusk but in the very bright light is not a lot of use. I would imagine the Cube is more powerful than the strobon.

I picked a lume Cube today I tried it out in the middle of the day I could see craft at 600m. without the light and 900 with the light. with difficulty.
So it looks like the end of the Quest for me I'm sure it's very good when we really need to fly at Dawn and dusk but in the very bright light is not a lot of use. I would imagine the Cube is more powerful than the strobon.

900m is still pretty significant, how did you have it angled ? which way was it facing and was the lume cube strobing or static

I attached it to the rear of the craft with 3 strips of Sellotape very stable it was on continuous not strobe I found strobe more difficult to see surprisingly. It is so far away it looks like strobing anyway.

You have to be careful with the cube because if you put you on maximum setting it only lasts about 20 minutes if not less.

You could also use the "radar view" to see where your AC is, all you have to do is move (rotate) so that the red AC indicator is facing directly towards you or away from you, then at least the direction your looking in will be correct and if it's in vlos you should be able to see it. This is similar to your arrow idea

Maybe we are looking at the light colour all wrong for daytime as white would blend too much, maybe we should be looking at red or orange

According to Bontrager their Bontrager Flare R light has a daytime visibility of 2km, 2km is probably enough for what you want to use it for

You should just get one of these

your right of course a red flashing light. A bike red flashing light is going to be a lot more powerful one than the MP has. But I will try the MPs idea first.

Yesterday I bought a $AU20 white 200 lumen torch for head gear at a local hardware store and this morning took it out for 2.5 Km (1.5 miles) and could see it clearly. This was on a cloudy dawn just after sunrise. You don't need much white light at night but seems you need a strong red light for day. BTW the torch lasts for at least 5 hours and is far more streamlined than the big ugly Cube at 1,500 lumens.

You could also use the "radar view" to see where your AC is, all you have to do is move (rotate) so that the red AC indicator is facing directly towards you or away from you, then at least the direction your looking in will be correct and if it's in vlos you should be able to see it. This is similar to your arrow idea
What'd be cool is a head's up Target Acquisition Display of the location of the bird, similar to what's in an FA-18 Hornet (or any comparable fighter jet). Just sayin'.

About the same distance as the strobeon. You can also adjust the pattern in which the lights flash.

See pic

Attachments

• 2985349802541256253.jpg
    2985349802541256253.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 18

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member