DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

@beanbubba - Final Flight Plan Registered

adam8021x

Reactions
Dear Mavic Pilots,

With immense sadness and sorrow - I want to inform you that @beanbubba (otherwise known as Steve Carr) suddenly passed away early Friday morning March 15th 2019.

Steve was a friend and co-worker of mine in our professional careers, he led a team of like minded individuals and was core to so many at our company where he played an influential role in regard to its technology and products. A highly passionate person when it came to technology - he loved nothing more than digging in, getting his hands dirty and making things better.

From his posts here, as well as the reception to his development work in making the Mavic do sometimes unnatural things - its clear he also felt a sense of kinship and pride within this forum and for that reason it was important that I share this news with you as his professional co-workers felt he shared that same passion with you all.

Steve had a wicked sense of humor but was also a private man with a small inner circle and I was fortunate to be one of them. Knowing my interest in drones - he recently sent me one of his un-modified mavic pro aircraft and I had only received it a week prior to his passing. Our last communication was ironically enough about its initial setup and some new product our company was releasing :). Hopefully I don't crash the drone on its first flight - but he'd also find that amusing.

Steve can now ignore all FAA rules and see what the Mavic can really do!

Kind Regards, Adam

Dear Mavic Pilots,

With immense sadness and sorrow - I want to inform you that @beanbubba (otherwise known as Steve Carr) suddenly passed away early Friday morning March 15th 2019.

Steve was a friend and co-worker of mine in our professional careers, he led a team of like minded individuals and was core to so many at our company where he played an influential role in regard to its technology and products. A highly passionate person when it came to technology - he loved nothing more than digging in, getting his hands dirty and making things better.

From his posts here, as well as the reception to his development work in making the Mavic do sometimes unnatural things - its clear he also felt a sense of kinship and pride within this forum and for that reason it was important that I share this news with you as his professional co-workers felt he shared that same passion with you all.

Steve had a wicked sense of humor but was also a private man with a small inner circle and I was fortunate to be one of them. Knowing my interest in drones - he recently sent me one of his un-modified mavic pro aircraft and I had only received it a week prior to his passing. Our last communication was ironically enough about its initial setup and some new product our company was releasing :). Hopefully I don't crash the drone on its first flight - but he'd also find that amusing.

Steve can now ignore all FAA rules and see what the Mavic can really do!

Kind Regards, Adam
Does anyone know how old Steve was. I'm just curious.

Thanks for posting that Adam and also for you to take the time to join and let us know .
There are way more that will miss his informatoin and reading his post that have not posted
I promise you .

That's sad news indeed. [emoji26] My sincere condolences to you, Adam, and to Steve's wife, family and other friends. I wish you all the best and happier days to come.

Thanks for letting us know Adam.
49 that is a real tragedy :-(
I had the pleasure of chatting on email to him a few times over Mavic power outputs! ..and found him to be a complete gentleman.
RIP Steve. love to the family from the UK

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
Hello - Guess I’m Mrs Beanbubba ( Steve Carr’s wife Lori). Thank you Adam for notifying this community, one that he enjoyed tremendously. Yes, Steve passed in his sleep at 48 - likely heart attack, still waiting on autopsy results. Can’t begin to convey his passion for drones, even having me drive around while he flew only to ***** at me to slow down...he was a character & is missed hourly. I’m am not sure if this is the place, but thought I would start here - clearly this is not a passion of mine - though thoroughly enjoyed watching him build (think he like that as much as flying), but I have 2 offices a garage full of drones / parts / batteries, stuff still arrives daily. I plan to sell his equipment & thought I would post here if anyone is interested. I can gather pictures/such - I would keep it all but we were/am in the process of selling our ranch, in a rental that I need to leave soon. I too think he’d want one of you at first dibs ?. Let me know if this is an inappropriate place to post, I’d also like to thank those with the kind words.
Regards,
Lori Carr

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.