DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner pilot

Moe314

Reactions
Hey, does anyone know of a good way or place for beginner pilots like myself to learn some basics of using the mavic?

Reactions: hidrones
Thank you I'll check those out. But I really need answers to questions like "why does my signal get weak at about 1000' when flying my neighborhood? Do I need some type of range extender for my antennas?

Are there any obstacles in between your Mavic and the remote controller (e.g. trees/houses)? If not, can you reproduce that problem when flying in a wide open area that's not near any houses/buildings?

Yes theres plenty trees/houses between controller and drone. Would flying higher reduce interference?

Would flying higher reduce interference?
Yes -- or even disconnect the remote controller. Check out this video for more information:

try these
As I was thinking about one Tip i would Give a Mavic Pro Beginner
Go into your setting and (Controller setting)
Set Loss of signal RTH Return to Home ...Not landing Or Hover
......................C

I Can't do it.........
Tip 2. never fly below 20% battery
...........Sorry....C

Thanks for the videos. They've helped a lot and I'm much more comfortable and knowledgeable now after having a few more flights under my belt.

Check hobby shops in your area as well. There's one near me that holds training classes which include FAA training and hands on flight training. I haven't used them, but they're out there if that's the way you want to go to get more confidence. A friend did that and felt much more confident after that.

Check hobby shops in your area as well. There's one near me that holds training classes which include FAA training and hands on flight training. I haven't used them, but they're out there if that's the way you want to go to get more confidence. A friend did that and felt much more confident after that.
Thanks I'll look into that. I'm pretty comfortable flying now, I just don't know anything about photography/videography so there's a lot to learn about getting all the settings right to shoot good video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan