DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Behind the scenes: "Luke & Emma" an Indi Film

Al Di

Reactions
I had the opportunity to provide some behind-the-scene drone footage for the move "Luke & Emma". A low budget Indi film taking place at a gas station in NJ. A story of racial and moral behavior. All the close ups were not close up. I filmed at 4K and rendered at 2K giving me a clean 2x and some times used the zoom feature on my Mini 3 Pro. They gave me film credits in leu of money and I was happy. It was a fine gig to hang out with some pros in the film industry. All people I flew around were part of the crew and were on notice of a drone flying. LAANC had me limited to 50 feet which was more than enough.

I had the opportunity to provide some behind-the-scene drone footage for the move "Luke & Emma". A low budget Indi film taking place at a gas station in NJ. A story of racial and moral behavior. All the close ups were not close up. I filmed at 4K and rendered at 2K giving me a clean 2x and some times used the zoom feature on my Mini 3 Pro. They gave me film credits in leu of money and I was happy. It was a fine gig to hang out with some pros in the film industry. All people I flew around were part of the crew and were on notice of a drone flying. LAANC had me limited to 50 feet which was more than enough.

Awesome job and a great opportunity to do more! Good luck!

Cool job! Did you have to land during the “takes”, so the sound of the drone wasn’t in the “shot”?
All the flights were during the set up and rehearsals so I could fly at leisure. The Mini 3 is so quite you can be 15 feet away and not hear it. I have flown near ducks in the local pond and it did not disturb them. Thanks for your post.

Reactions: GFields

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom