DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bent/Crack front Landing Leg - is the oven a good idea to fix? heat gun??

Pointbob

Reactions
Ok. So it may sound a little unconventional...

I cracked/bent (more of a hard bend really) my front landing leg on the mavic. The arm is fine. I cannot seem to find any place that sells the landing leg only.

I was contemplating removing the bad leg (held by 3 t6 torx screws) and trying to soften the leg by heating it in the oven (or maybe heat gun??). My idea is to then press it back into the correct shape while warm. It's maybe off by 3 or 4 degrees.

I looked at a vid on youtube and it is WAY WAY simpler to just replace the leg rather then the whole arm. I see the antenaa is also in the leg but that would detach when i remove the leg it self..

So thoughts? Will the plastic leg be able to handle being warmed up..bent and re-hold it's shape afterwards?

Thanks

FyFyUeJ.jpg

Attachments

• crack44.jpg
    crack44.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Ok. So it may sound a little unconventional...

I cracked/bent (more of a hard bend really) my front landing leg on the mavic. The arm is fine. I cannot seem to find any place that sells the landing leg only.

I was contemplating removing the bad leg (held by 3 t6 torx screws) and trying to soften the leg by heating it in the oven (or maybe heat gun??). My idea is to then press it back into the correct shape while warm. It's maybe off by 3 or 4 degrees.

I looked a t a vid on youtube and it is WAY WAY simpler to just replace the leg rather then the whole arm. I see the antenaa is also in the leg but that would detach when i remove the leg it self..

So thoughts? Will the plastic leg be able to handle being warmed up..bent and re-hold it's shape afterwards?

Thanks

FyFyUeJ.jpg
Have you contacted @Thunderdrones to see if he has a leg? Amazon has the leg for salehttps://www.amazon.com/Mavic-Replac...&qid=1512663233&sr=8-3&keywords=mavic+pro+leg

Yes I did...about 3 days ago.
Amazon has them. See my post above. Anyway if I was going to try to fix it I would probably go about it the same way.

actually point roberts 98281
Awesome, i am in Washington to. I have some brand new factory dji feet they sent me a few weeks ago. I have the one you need just pay the shipping. Usps priority is 7$. Send me a private message if you would like it.

Reactions: Jordan
DONT GLUE IT BTW!!! I DID THIS AND THE GLUE WENT UP THE LEG AND STUCK THE ANTENNA IN THE LEG AND IT TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO CUT THE LEG AWAY WITH A STANLEY KNIFE. ALWAYS REPLACE

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman