Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bent prop on MM - Image

SW_Drone_Guy

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Is this common? I don't think "deformed" is the correct word. More like "bent!"
bent_prop.jpgbent_prop.jpgbent_prop.jpgbent_prop.jpg

Here's a photo of mine... front and rear.

There is a little 'kink' there.. in both front and rear props.
864bac81a3fbd5067d25cc8b6a2f5062.jpg
691bbbe54460ac7f947a6ab48f64218c.jpg

What is it like when flying idle? Also I assume that is dust at the end of the prop - or has it been crashed?
Any chance of seeing the prop from a different angle? A few people do report issues that props do get 'squashed' when put away in the 'Fly more' case, but I think this is more around the way people are putting the drone away, than the case itself.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
KInd-of looks bent in that picture. I'm paranoid about catching one of the props on something when I fold/unfold the arms and doing exactly that to one of the props.

You had to of accidentally bent that putting it in and out of the bag maybe. definitely change that bad boy...

Here's another angle. I have scuffed a few tree branches, but I was guessing it was due to the way I put it in the FlyMore case. It's just such an obvious bend in the blade, it's hard to see how I could have done that and not be aware...
It does seem a little wobbly hovering, but I haven't had it up in a calm (no wind), so I'm not really sure how much of the wobble is natural and how much is the Mini's automatic maneuvering to remain stationary. I've made half a dozen flights with it like this and haven't had any problems.
This will be the first time I've changed props on the Mini, but it seems warranted.
IMG_20200609_081455.jpgIMG_20200609_081539.jpg

I've very nearly bent blades when unfolding the rear legs. One of the blades on one rear arm was tucked under the blades on the other rear arm so when I started to unfold the 1st arm it began to bend the 2 interleaved blades. A similar thing could happen when closing if the blade gets caught on something (sleeve, hand, case) The spring force that keeps the arms open/stowed could easily be enough to bend a blade.

View attachment 104400View attachment 104400View attachment 104400View attachment 104400
I do have similar
View attachment 104400View attachment 104400View attachment 104400View attachment 104400
i do have similar bent but not much like yours and at the rear end. Out of the box.

I do have similar
i do have similar bent but not much like yours and at the rear end. Out of the box.
Similar to mine? (but not so bad) Brand new? Whoa!
BTW, mine is Right Rear and I haven't received any warnings.
On the other hand, I haven't checked my logs to see if there were ANY abnormalities. Another time, perhaps.
Happy flying

Reactions: lowellton
Similar to mine? (but not so bad) Brand new? Whoa!
BTW, mine is Right Rear and I haven't received any warnings.
On the other hand, I haven't checked my logs to see if there were ANY abnormalities. Another time, perhaps.
Happy flying
How can i see the logs? Thanks

Read this excellent post, download a copy of CSVView (PC software) and spend many hours exploring all the info that gets saved in the DAT files :)

I'd suggest replacing the blade which means replacing both blades.
My reasoning being, if that is a bend/crease, and it does look like it to me, the material on the underside of the blade has most likely been stretched and possibly weakened. That portion of the blade is responsible for pulling (centripetal force/acceleration) all of the blade that lies beyond-it/outside-of-it in towards the motor as the motors rotate, given the speed these things revolve at it probably carries quite a high load

I know that the above diagram is from the bottom of the flymore case but I find that it is necessary to depress/lift the props to get them into that configuration and my brand new, still sealed, Mini arrived, in its flymore case, with a deformed blade or blades.
The attached shows the position in which I now store the props of my mini in its flymore case. The rear props are stored facing slightly forward under the gimbal and the front props are facing forward, parallel with and over, their arms. This works for me and does not seem to cause any damage. The white stuff is packing foam either tethered to something appropriate or stuck to the case

Attachments

• Maviv mini prop storage.jpg
    Maviv mini prop storage.jpg
    933.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
FOLLOW UP:
After 2 weeks of flying with a bent propeller - and NO WARNINGS, I started getting theEsc Beep Screenshot.png "Propeller rotating too fast" warning and (ESC) Beep (see video) after landing.
BUT it was on the OTHER pair of props - on the Left Rear props!

So, I changed both pairs of rear props. One of the Right Rear props was bent (as mentioned at the beginning of this thread) and the Left Rear props were rough.
I'll let you know...

FOLLOW UP:
After 2 weeks of flying with a bent propeller - and NO WARNINGS, I started getting theView attachment 105860 "Propeller rotating too fast" warning and (ESC) Beep (see video) after landing.
BUT it was on the OTHER pair of props - on the Left Rear props!

So, I changed both pairs of rear props. One of the Right Rear props was bent (as mentioned at the beginning of this thread) and the Left Rear props were rough.
I'll let you know...

That is crazy flying it about with a suspected bent propeller for a couple of weeks! Best change them out straight away. Any suspected damage to a prop then you should change straight away. You would not get into an aircraft knowing it had a damaged prop so no difference with a drone either.

New blades are doing fine. Never actually had any flight problems, just the warnings, but now have new props on both back motors. I won't store the mini in the FM case anymore but will probably still use the case to carry the mini on the way to the flight zone. I did use the old screws to clean the loctite from the threads before threading the new screws. Thanks all

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal