DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Besides flying Drones.. What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

Nothing like I used to do incl scuba diving, motorbike riding, riding, walking, eating, drinking, music etc.

Now its just travelling, fishing, photography (wildlife, fast cars jets etc), and this drone thing

Reactions: Former Member
One of my hobbies is walking which the Mavic goes perfectly with as it's easy to carry with me even I decide to take the DSLR along as well. My walking companion is a cocker spaniel who from the first moment he saw the drone has absolutely loved it although I stopped taking it out with him for a while as it was getting stressful making sure he was secured for landing and take off. However when he was out walking with someone else they showed me a video of him behaving strangely and I recognised straight away it's exactly as he behaves when the drone is in the air and it was at a spot I regularly practiced the Mavic when I first bought it. So I've been taking it out again to keep him happy.

DSC_3869-L.jpg

My other main hobby is cycling both on and off road although off road is my preference, I keep meaning to try getting the Mavic tracking the bike for some good shots although the large number of trees are a problem.

randr-photo-2915950-3888px-X4.jpg

Duck Hunting and decoy carving. owned and ran a decoy carving forum for about 10 years which was fun until a lot of the friends I made started changing hobbies and I got an offer to from someone wanting to buy it. Also own a 1960 Willys CJ-5 that I did a off frame restoration on. Now most my time is watching kids activities and working....

Attachments

• DSC_0219.JPG
    DSC_0219.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • swan.JPG
    swan.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
After I got out of the military I made my living for four years doing wedding photography then I started my 32 year career in law enforcement......I still do photography but just for fun.
I was a competition barefoot water skier for 18 years winning 9 National titles......but it took it's tool on my body so now I bowl in 2 leagues [ Average 186 ]....play golf 4-5 times [ 6 hdcp ] and have been into drone flying for a little over a year and I love it. The money I win bowling pays for all of my drones and all my wife's says is
"go for it!"....you won the money.

Here are a couple of photos from my days "walking on the water."

Attachments

• 1 (16a).JPG
    1 (16a).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 1 (17).JPG
    1 (17).JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 6 - Jumping.jpg
    6 - Jumping.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 36
That is awesome! I go to see the dirt track races about an hour from me in PA. Lincoln Speedway, ever been there?

We will race there this year, nothing like sprint. Car racing those boys have b a l l s Scary to watch my boy.

Reactions: Former Member
We will race there this year, nothing like sprint. Car racing those boys have b a l l s Scary to watch my boy.
Yea it is a great spectacle. I love everything motorsports. Fun to see stuff locally. What event will you guys be going to this year? My wife and I usually go with the in-laws to a few races a year.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut