DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Besides flying Drones.. What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

I would love to but that is one expensive hobby I have not picked up. everytime I mention it, she says NO. She is going to Alaska salmon fishing this summer and I hopeful she will get hooked on it..... kind of doubt it but I can always dream

It doesn't have to be expensive. I did buy my gear about 30 years ago, so a few different rods and reels for different rivers. I always buy the mid line equipment. Cheapest is no good and expensive is overkill. But it is every bit cerebral as flying drones or more so. How to cast, which fly to use, start tying flies and learning entomology, how to fish each fly....etc. Hope she does get hooked for your sake. Sounds like you both like to fish, and that's great. Just never make it a competition...ha.

Kid has been in some kind of race car since he was 6, it's just natural to him I guess.

Reactions: Former Member
Yea it is a great spectacle. I love everything motorsports. Fun to see stuff locally. What event will you guys be going to this year? My wife and I usually go with the in-laws to a few races a year.

Big motorsport fan here as well although sadly not one that can be mixed with drones, I managed to get back to the Nurburgring last year and hoping to get to Spa this year for a change. I'd like to get to a GT3 24 hour race as those are always fantastic races to watch.

Big motorsport fan here as well although sadly not one that can be mixed with drones, I managed to get back to the Nurburgring last year and hoping to get to Spa this year for a change. I'd like to get to a GT3 24 hour race as those are always fantastic races to watch.
2 of my favourite tracks. Whenever I manage to get to Germany I plan on driving Nurburgring then heading down to Spa and driving that as well.
Cheers

My two passions are fishing and kiteboarding. I am lucky enough to do both in Michigan, Florida, and the Bahamas. Funny, I don't have any drone shots of me kiting or fishing. I don't dare let someone else pilot my MP2 for kiting and the thought of launching it out of a boat in 2000' of water seems pretty silly.

I don't know if it counts as a hobby, but I live in Beer City and really enjoy reading this forum with a cold one in hand!

D6C0D1A0-84C2-4093-9163-FAF54A91EA9E.jpeg
B44FDF70-C140-4B1C-BCFB-66E89EC57294.jpeg

PS That grouper was only in 70' of water.

My two passions are fishing and kiteboarding. I am lucky enough to do both in Michigan, Florida, and the Bahamas. Funny, I don't have any drone shots of me kiting or fishing. I don't dare let someone else pilot my MP2 for kiting and the thought of launching it out of a boat in 2000' of water seems pretty silly.

I don't know if it counts as a hobby, but I live in Beer City and really enjoy reading this forum with a cold one in hand!

View attachment 59329

PS That grouper was only in 70' of water.
Hey....I found this photo taken just moments before!
JustBefore.jpg

Ham radio (KG5XX), photography and cruising. Used to ride a motorcycle until my health got to where the spousal unit was afraid I'd kill myself with it so I sold it.

It doesn't have to be expensive. I did buy my gear about 30 years ago, so a few different rods and reels for different rivers. I always buy the mid line equipment. Cheapest is no good and expensive is overkill. But it is every bit cerebral as flying drones or more so. How to cast, which fly to use, start tying flies and learning entomology, how to fish each fly....etc. Hope she does get hooked for your sake. Sounds like you both like to fish, and that's great. Just never make it a competition...ha.
believe it or not, she does not like fishing at all. she was invited on the trip and could not turn it down....

Side by side buggy
My street bike (BMW s1000r)
Photography (5d mkii and prime lenses)
A female Yemeni chameleon
A Pico reef tank (for reference, most tanks are 100+ liters, mine is 20 liters - compact but challenging)

I need to get back into:
Diving
Mountain biking
Enduro exploring (traversing with a dirt bike)
Outdoor camp cooking20181016_194633-01.jpg20181027_081710-01.jpg
20171111_095908-01.jpeg
20180202_094720_038-01.jpeg20141108_100802_1_zpsimn4ahgm.jpg20181123_094812-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Duck Hunting and decoy carving. owned and ran a decoy carving forum for about 10 years which was fun until a lot of the friends I made started changing hobbies and I got an offer to from someone wanting to buy it. Also own a 1960 Willys CJ-5 that I did a off frame restoration on. Now most my time is watching kids activities and working....

That is one nice Jeep, call me jealous,, only have a 02 Wrangler Sahara 4.0 in factory condition with a bunch of extras, that Jeep of yours sure is nice, its now my wallpaper.:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78