DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Aerial Shots I've captured so far

RCSchim

Reactions
Guys, check out my latest compilation. Tried to choose only the most epic shots from 5 sessions (1-3 flights each). These are my first 3 weeks with this drone.
Full review will follow soon (think I tested most functions out soon - currently exploring Litchi more).
Filmed mostly in 4k (first 2/3rds) with some minor color grading.
Last 3rd (frozen fields) were in 2.7k/25p and NO color grading here (since magic misty golden hour didnt need my corrections :)

greets from Austria,
RCSchim

Absolutely stunning, superb work, you must be very pleased with that.. :)

Guys, check out my latest compilation. Tried to choose only the most epic shots from 5 sessions (1-3 flights each). These are my first 3 weeks with this drone.
Full review will follow soon (think I tested most functions out soon - currently exploring Litchi more).
Last 3rd (frozen fields) were in 2.7k/25p and NO color grading here (since magic misty golden hour didnt need my corrections :)

greets from Austria,
RCSchim
Curious how you are focusing and getting such forgiving depth of field. i.e. going over trees that are focused and then to horizon, etc

God I wish it were that simple. The more I research the more I am finding that most people seem to be seeing this. If you look at any level of detail, the individual frames look more like a painting than video. if you are interested, this guys explains and shows my issues perfectly. Unfortunately the more I research, the more I find I am far from alone. I believe it is either a firmware issue or a production issue which would explain why some are seeing it so profoundly and others not. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Reactions: TonG
Here is a my frame extract of one of my videos and a link to a 9 second video. I reshot it several time and taped the focus point time and time again with the same results. If you open the still and look at the detail it is (like I said) like a painting. Also and I think this is a bug, this was shot back to back at 1920 instead of 3840 and as you can see it almost looks like a posterized photoshop filter and an exaggeration of what I am seeing in the 3840 movieThis in fairness was shot after a firmware update. Perhaps thats it as I didn't notice it before.

Attachments

• 2-3840.jpg
    2-3840.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
  • 3-1920.jpg
    3-1920.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Curious how you are focusing and getting such forgiving depth of field. i.e. going over trees that are focused and then to horizon, etc
I only focus once (usually after ascending a few meters and looking to the horizon. this does focus to inifinity which works in most cases. only if you film very close objects, you'd need to focus new...

Beautiful shots!

I just got back from Vienna (a conference) and didn't bring my Mavic because I couldn't figure out the rules - especially for visitors.

Would you know if a tourist will be allowed to fly their Mavics? (Responsibly, of course).

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Man that was nice. Goes to show what a well tuned MP can do.

Beautiful shots!
I just got back from Vienna (a conference) and didn't bring my Mavic because I couldn't figure out the rules - especially for visitors.
Would you know if a tourist will be allowed to fly their Mavics? (Responsibly, of course).
Vienna is almost fully covered with a no fly zone (since it's within 20km range of the international airport. So basically nobody should fly there I guess...
Visitors dont get easier rules here :)

Here is a my frame extract of one of my videos and a link to a 9 second video. I reshot it several time and taped the focus point time and time again with the same results. If you open the still and look at the detail it is (like I said) like a painting. Also and I think this is a bug, this was shot back to back at 1920 instead of 3840 and as you can see it almost looks like a posterized photoshop filter and an exaggeration of what I am seeing in the 3840 movieThis in fairness was shot after a firmware update. Perhaps thats it as I didn't notice it before.

Boy, this looks terrible. I mean, if you go for a fance painting effect it's nice. Can imagine that you're pissed with this quality. I dont think this is focus related. This more looks like a software filter (noise reduction?).

Have you tried taking DNG Raws next to JPGs? If I'm correct the RAW pics should look fine (or maybe very noisy?)
Good luck!

Vienna is almost fully covered with a no fly zone (since it's within 20km range of the international airport. So basically nobody should fly there I guess...
Visitors dont get easier rules here :)

That's too bad - but thanks!

greets from Austria,
RCSchim
Love your video dude, totally awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS