DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Clone Yet

Very cheap and close looking, but only 2k/5MP camera and 500m control range (though strangely 1000m video transmission..)

I have the $40 Mavic "clone" coming from TomTop just to have some fun making videos.

Almost half of the price of Mavic Pro. Despite the trouble with the app I have had with DJI, I would not consider spending that kind of money on a Clone of unknown quality or after sales service. If you think DJI are bad you should try dealing with some other Chinese companies. We (Work) have a lot of coin tied up in Chinese electronics and the software support is rather, how can I say it, poor on most occasions.

Neat if it works. Can you buy it in US? if there imported they have to be half decent.
Most kid dont care about the gimbal, "DJI" branding or 4k type stuff till there older

I like this one personally. Better design, cool controller. heaps of limitations, but the price
Most kid dont care about the gimbal, "DJI" branding or 4k type stuff till there older

VISUO XS809HW Wifi FPV Foldable RC Quadcopter Sale Online - Tomtop.com

edit: Some of the Best "made in the USA" "Made in Switzerland" stuff is made in China.
The Cookie cutter type setups. Some cars are made their now in "Cookie cutter"
type factories to keep quality control

Edit: FYI: I just spent $300 on...you'd laugh if I told you, but a piece of %100 "Made in the USA"
extremely well machined piece of steel
And it's made in China. Similar to DJI though, is reviewed as second to none in the real world

Last edited:
edit: Some of the Best "made in the USA" "Made in Switzerland" stuff is made in China.
For "Made in China":
The US or Swiss stuff made under US/Swiss control in China is not the same as made by Chinese company in China with Chinese mentality.

For the price:
3/4 of the price of Mavic is the cost of marketing, distribution network, brand developing, quality control (in case of DJI not actually bad), IP control (although they are not squeamish about stealing something), post-sales support (no comments...). So if there will be a non-brand or copied drone for $250 it can be the same good as Mavic. For $400 it should be absolutely the same good until someone just want to sell overprices junk.

I must have fell asleep on the keyboard with that last post, typos grammar,etc.
Just saying cuz i wanted to ask you
What you mean by "Made by Chinese Company in China with Chinese Mentality"?
Some might find that offensive..

I like this one personally. Better design, cool controller. heaps of limitations, but the price

VISUO XS809HW Wifi FPV Foldable RC Quadcopter Sale Online - Tomtop.com

Now THAT has my interest! I have played with some small 10-20 drones that drive me batty because they are not stable in altitude. I cannot get them to mellow out, they're always climbing or falling, especially during maneuvers. I spend 90% of my time keeping them off the floor or ceiling! With barometric altitude control, this one can be worked with.

Dang it, where's my charge card?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78