DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 pro - firmware and dji account

BirdDrops

Reactions
Hello all ,

I have just purchased a dji mini 3 pro , and have not made a flight with it yet .
I was actually hoping to receive a DJI RC with firmware .100 , but sadly (?) it is .300 out of the box already . I think this is too high to be able to apply the FCC mod ?

The firmware of the aircraft itself is V01.00.0450 .
DJI assistant 2 tells me that "updating the no-fly zone database is required" . Also it tells me "firmware incompatibiliy detected between some modules and current device" .
I have ignored all that for now since I do not want to lose functionality by updating firmware or linking the aircraft/controller to my dji account .

So my questions are :
- Should I update the RC controller or better just leave it on .300
- Can I update the aircraft and/or battery firmwares without updating the controller ?
- Do I best leave the RC controller offline (not connecting it to wifi)

If there is already a thread that explains my (very much beginner) questions , please excuse me and point me in the right direction :)
As I said , I do not want functionality to be removed , or miss out on helpful modification options (like FCC mod , 120m altitude limit etc.) .

Last edited:
Your best method is to keep both the Drone an the Controller on at all times with a WIFI internet connection.

Since some of the updates are just for the battery , you are advised to test each one of the batteries to see if they also need an update.

The Most important rule is to not turn the Drone off until the Update has been completed and many times the drone will restart several times so dont be fooled, Watch the Messages on the Screen and also the install bar .

The only time your going to get yourself into trouble is when you have installed something on your Controller that is not going to allow for the update or the size of the update , so be careful with that.

Last , you must watch the Drone does not Over Heat , Advise strongly you place the Drone near a AC vent as there is no Internal Fan which means the longer the drone has to update the more likely it is to Over heat and shut down.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne