DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best combination of DJI Go / Mavic firmware

MKAL

Reactions
Hi Pilots,

Which is a best version of DJI Go application (for Android devices) and best MAVIC firmware version currently?

There are so many complaints about latest firmware / DJI Go software but what is a best which have less anomalies?

Thanks

Sadly, every GO and firmware version has anomalies. The last version generally takes care of the anomalies in the previous one, but also introduces new anomalies (why do they keep adding extra features I don't need?) still to be discovered by the unlucky few. I would say generally you'd better have the latest version of both. I am current with both and have no issues so far.

Reactions: MKAL
If you don't even know why you'd want to stay on a previous one, use the latest. Issues are very use-case specific.

Hi Lake_Flyer,

Did you have iOS or Android device?
Sadly, every GO and firmware version has anomalies. The last version generally takes care of the anomalies in the previous one, but also introduces new anomalies (why do they keep adding extra features I don't need?) still to be discovered by the unlucky few. I would say generally you'd better have the latest version of both. I am current with both and have no issues so far.

Thank you.

Hi Lake_Flyer,

Did you have iOS or Android device?

Thank you.
I use both. When I'm travelling light I use the Galaxy S7, otherwise, and for AutoPilot, an iPad Mini2.

Ive looked at Autopilot and its £29, but can't you already plan routes with Litchi and GoApp?
Can you do VR with it?
Theres no comments so it'd be good to hear why you like it.
Regards Sam

Ive looked at Autopilot and its £29, but can't you already plan routes with Litchi and GoApp?
Can you do VR with it?
Theres no comments so it'd be good to hear why you like it.
Regards Sam

Lichi is one of the best for planning mission routes.
You can do it online and load to drone before flight.
DJI Go route mission you can start only when you already on air.
upload_2017-8-1_13-7-46.png

Lichi also supports VR view

upload_2017-8-1_13-12-1.png

Basically Lichi VR is a reason why I keep Galaxy S7 (QHD OLED screen)

Last edited:
Hi Pilots,

Which is a best version of DJI Go application (for Android devices) and best MAVIC firmware version currently?

There are so many complaints about latest firmware / DJI Go software but what is a best which have less anomalies?

Thanks

People like to have the Mavic on firmware .700 then with Go4 app 4.1.3 or earlier. Best is always what suits you the best ;-)

Can we get a quick explanation about the benefits of staying back on .700 over later versions?
Is it because after .700 there are forced restrictions? More communication with DJI servers etc?
I'm ready to pull the trigger on .700 (I've got DroneZbreak ready and downloaded the .bin files) but I would just like a little more info.

Reactions: goldpoacher
Based on my experiences firmware .700 and DJIGo ver 406 are the best. Not any strange warning messages and RC restarts. This combination allows you to use a "D**testcc" trick if it will be really needed.

Last edited:
406 was very laggy @ my phone and I really miss djitestcc. But it also depends on the phone, I use an LG G3 and the best combination for me is Go 407 and firmware .550

Will not change, upgrade or downgrade anything since it works like a charm and I dont want to introduce potential problems by changing setup. Best versions according to your needs come through personal testing. Hard to find a panacea here...

.406 will run much better if you uninstall existing version with clear cache and data option and also delete manually DJI and DJI.Go.v4 folders from your phone.

Reactions: Hexagon
I have settled on Android 4.0.6 and .400 firmware. 4.0.6 with nothing else running has the potential to run for 20 minutes straight without crashing unlike most other versions I have tried. This is not to say it will never crash, but it is far less prone to crashing. I can do maybe 10 flights with one crash.

.400 firmware because it is more responsive than .700 without hacks, no NFZ zones without hacks, no gimbal roll problem as found in later firmwares (Got to love the tilted horizon problem on firmwares .500+), and just plain works. My knowledge on some firmwares are limited at this time though as I have only tried .400, .500, .550, .600, and .700. Anything later and I can't speak for it.

You may see a recurring theme here but I seem to settle on what just works.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000