DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

just search google my man.. whole bunch of places have it in stock.. 59 bucks.. that Advexure place above even has it, same place I got the dji cs mavic mount from..

Plenty of CrystalSky Batteries as well as mounting options for CS on Mavic – www.Advexure.com, don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any help.

Just received my 3D printed mount I'll give it a road test over the next few days weather permitting

9191efdb28a035b4389a93c667773355.jpg

9aa33b7545fbf7e45954b26b13ce3c52.jpg

e535e0ca06e2c794d10bf72655a1de80.jpg

c2e70d3d8760e23174af2f61cf064e68.jpg

Yeah $15.41 to ship something that weighs almost nothing! It's just the carbon fiber plate which goes into the Mavic RC. That can be shipped in a padded envelope for under $6 with USPS.
How about $147 FlyHigh wants to ship their adapter to Australia by UPS or $202 for 2 plates weighting 35g each...

If this had already been done/posted — I apologize, but perhaps additional photos will help others.

My problem — I like the MavMount plate, but am not a big fan of the ball head. I am a bit fastidious and I always seem to be adjusting and re-adjusting the ball head to get it “just right”.

So, I removed the ball head from the MavMount and used the tripod socket on the MavMount to attach DJI’s Phantom-style bracket. Not way to hold it at the front, but it does not move if you really tighten the bolt at the back (I put zip ties on the front in hopes of keeping the front from moving).

Benefits for me… I can leave the bracket at my preferred angle and it’ll fit in my case that way. No need to adjust the angle when I pull it out to fly. I can use DJI’s quick-release bracket for the CrystalSky and move between my Mavic and Phantom with ease.
View attachment 22523 View attachment 22524 View attachment 22525 View attachment 22526

How are you getting on with this solution?

I've just ordered this DJI mount and will be rigging it up to my mavmount exactly like your pics here Thumbswayup

How are you getting on with this solution?

I've just ordered this DJI mount and will be rigging it up to my mavmount exactly like your pics here Thumbswayup

I still like it and I still use it. I like the ability to move between Mavic and Phantom easily. If I have both of them out, then I am using this mount — no question.

However, for me, the Evolution 3D mount offers the best in-hand balance and I find that I will still sometimes use that mount. Perhaps that speaks to the fact that, at present, there is no solution that is completely perfect (for me) because I keep going back and forth between this solution and the Evo 3D mount.

20170802_213636.jpg Wouldn't the Polar Pro phone mount work? It holds my Samsung S8+ perfectly. I'm too lazy to search the specs but I'd imagine if it holds my S8+ 6.2'' display with an Otterbox case on it, it'll hold the Crystal Sky 5.5" display.

The battery on the back of the CS would stick out too far

Reactions: Advexure
Just received my 3D printed mount I'll give it a road test over the next few days weather permitting

9191efdb28a035b4389a93c667773355.jpg

9aa33b7545fbf7e45954b26b13ce3c52.jpg

e535e0ca06e2c794d10bf72655a1de80.jpg

c2e70d3d8760e23174af2f61cf064e68.jpg

My exact setup - love it!

My exact setup - love it!

I have done around ten flights with this setup and it is perfect for me ..... I just wish I could get the screen cover 3D printed .....

Hey fellas! I went with the DJI mount ends I really like it. I can leave it all on and store everything in my case so I'm up and running super fast. I like the integrated cord. I must have purchased a dozen cords trying to find one that would stay out of my way using the Polar Pro mount. I'm getting used to my display being under the controller...

Hey fellas! I went with the DJI mount ends I really like it. I can leave it all on and store everything in my case so I'm up and running super fast. I like the integrated cord. I must have purchased a dozen cords trying to find one that would stay out of my way using the Polar Pro mount. I'm getting used to my display being under the controller...

Any way of attaching a lanyard while using the DJI mount that you currently use??? I am using a modified Mavmount but am thinking of putting my CS below the controller with the DJI mount. I like having a lanyard just in case I need to use both hands to do something and don't want to put the controller on the ground. That is the only hurdle keeping me from going with the DJI mount.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Ok so let's get the obvious point out of the way ...

Yes it adds weight to your controller but in my honest opinion not in in a bad way.

So my feedback ..

I really thought I was not going to like this as I had gotten used to seeing the controller display and my thumbs on the controller sticks.

This very quickly became a none issue as everything you need to see is on the crystalsky display.

The controller sticks and the rear programmable buttons are where they have always been so getting to these without seeing them is not an issue.

I did purchase the lanyard clip and lanyard and once adjusted to the correct length ( third battery ) it was smooth flying.

So all in all I give this five stars all round.

I am more than happy to recommend this to anyone.

And the only improvement I can see for this is maybe a way to reduce its weight ... but I do not think it is heavy in any way.

Thanks for the review. But i have also two mavmounts. For me its not the best mount. Yes, it look good, but is heavy. And the most annoying thing is the lanyard clip and the cable. You can not use the lanyard without breaking your connector. And angle connector don't do the trick. I tried that, and than the aluminium part (clip if you want) is to short.
My favorite mount is from aliexpress. I use them for my small and big (Ultra) CS. Full metal easy, to fold down and MUCH cheaper. Just 20 dollar or so.

Happy flying, Peter

Any way of attaching a lanyard while using the DJI mount that you currently use??? I am using a modified Mavmount but am thinking of putting my CS below the controller with the DJI mount. I like having a lanyard just in case I need to use both hands to do something and don't want to put the controller on the ground. That is the only hurdle keeping me from going with the DJI mount.

Funny you should ask... PGY makes this one. It's decent but I trimmed the rubber to make it tighter because I'm crazy **** about that kind of thing. Bought it off Amazon for $9. It puts a string in my field of view but it didn't bother me today. That "buckle" allows you to detach the lanyard and leave the nylon cord attached for storage.I'm still looking at options and to be honest, I'm not sure that I need a lanyard. The whole unit with the mount is just incredibly stable and feels like one piece. I'm really impressed.
151087858228231316805.jpg

Or another plan... I could make a spring steel "clip" or even cut and drill the one that came with this setup. It puts it off to the side. I could use the lanyard provided, one of my own or this wrist piece that would save me from dropping it. I'm using the attachment screws to hold them in place, obviously (I hope) I wouldn't use both at the same time.15108824264872099895557.jpg 15108826832801001555495.jpg

Mavmount is the only way to go

No way. I have 2 of them. Good quality, but very overpriced. Bad lanyard connection (connector is on the same spot so breaks your connector).

Not easy to make minor adjustments.

For me this one is the best. All metal and much lighter than the heavy MavMount. And the price...:)

Bracket Mount Adapter Houder Stand voor DJI Mavic Pro/Spark Drone 5.5/7.85 'voor DJI CrystalSky Monitor accessoires in Bracket Mount Adapter Houder Stand voor DJI Mavic Pro/Spark Drone 5.5/7.85 'voor DJI CrystalSky Monitor accessoires van Drone Accessoires Kits op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep

Peter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu