DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

The dji mount looks like it would make your hands uncomfortable while flying. I prefer the monitor above my hands. Just orderd the mavmount for my ipad mini 4. Think I am going to get the Crystalsky 5.5 for ultra portability.
Is having the CS in your hands any different than having a phone in your hands, which was the original Mavic RC design?

I own both the MavMount and the Evolution 3D Mavic CS mounts. After several weeks use, I'm looking forward to DJI's own solution here. MavMount is very well made, but hangs high over the RC, blocks the RC LED screen (which I like to use as a back-up, considering that app crashes occasionally occur, even on the CS). Also, seems like every manufacturer has their own version of a mount that attaches to the CS, so if I fly with a 7.85" on my P4P or Inspire and a Mavmount or other third party on my Mavic or Spark, then there is no quick release which is common to both. Most of us are used to the position of the phone holder on the Mavic RC, so if the CS is placed there as well, with the new mount, then it is where most of us are used to it being, anyway...

Very good points, @Dave Everett. Can definitely relate. And the fact that this mount fits in most cases is GREAT! :cool:

We're looking forward to trying out the new CrystalSky Mount for Mavic from DJI today. They are now IN STOCK and ready to ship from Advexure.

Will post up some pics later today but for those unfamiliar, that is this mount:

DJI-Crystalsky-Mavic_Spark-Remote-Controller-Mounting-Bracket---Part-5.jpg

Someone needs to come up with a charger for the crystalsky. Its crazy if you have a Mavic and need to buy a phantom charger. For the price you think they would have uncluded a wallpart just to plug in.

Reactions: vincenth
Someone needs to come up with a charger for the crystalsky. Its crazy if you have a Mavic and need to buy a phantom charger. For the price you think they would have uncluded a wallpart just to plug in.

Much agreed...and frustrating :rolleyes:

Reactions: Adamcain112
Very good points, @Dave Everett. Can definitely relate. And the fact that this mount fits in most cases is GREAT! :cool:

We're looking forward to trying out the new CrystalSky Mount for Mavic from DJI today. They are now IN STOCK and ready to ship from Advexure.

Will post up some pics later today but for those unfamiliar, that is this mount:

View attachment 21557
Just ordered from you and cancelled my DJI order. Amazing that you have them in stock. Can't wait to install it!

Just ordered from you and cancelled my DJI order. Amazing that you have them in stock. Can't wait to install it!

Glad we can help. Don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any further help now or sometime in the future. Safe flying, Dave. ;)

Reactions: Dave Everett
Tested out installing the new CrystalSky Mount for Mavic (from DJI) tonight. Very interesting mounting mechanism and have to say it's not intuitive at first. No instructions in the manual included that explain how to mount either.

Here are some quick, rough mounting instructions:

First, disconnect the mounting attachment bracket and place that in the grips (see in image 1 and 2). You just need to ensure the two screw holes are open to the bottom of the RC, there does not seem to be a top or bottom to that bracket.You can then push the hand grips in tight, or leave them out because that makes it easier to connect the USB. Take the main bracket, line that up with the two screw holes to the attachment bracket and secure with the two black screws by hand. You then have to mount the CS bracket to the CS Monitor. 2 screws with flathead provided (you then can leave that bracket always installed on the CS). CS slides onto the attachment bracket and then locks using the locking lever. Then connect the USB to the USB port on the bottom of the RC. This USB connection is awfully tight and really stresses the USB cable (we are quite worried about this for the longevity of the equipment). See the USB stress in image 3. After mounting you then have to rotate the display using the quick settings menu option "Flip Display".

This is a nice mounting solution for those who want a mounting option that is a little less obtrusive and works in most cases. Also a solution for those who prefer not to block the RC's telemetry screen (as the MavMount does).

These mounts are now IN STOCK and ready to ship from Advexure: DJI Crystalsky Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket - Part 5 | Advexure

Feel free to reach out with any questions. Safe flying! :cool:

Mavic CrystalSky Mount - 1.JPG Mavic CrystalSky Mount - 2.JPG Mavic CrystalSky Mount - 3.JPG Mavic CrystalSky Mount - 4.JPG

How do you think it would go with a 7.85 mounted ?
bulky??
I have a 5.50 but I also have a 7.85 ultra on order

How do you think it would go with a 7.85 mounted ?
bulky??
I have a 5.50 but I also have a 7.85 ultra on order

Just tested it with the 7.85 and it's not ideal. It's a much different feeling when gripping the remote when you don't have the handle grips out and when the weight of the CS is that low and 7.85" it's just not an ideal setup. MavMount is the best way to go for mounting the 7.85" comfortably.

Just tested it with the 7.85 and it's not ideal. It's a much different feeling when gripping the remote when you don't have the handle grips out and when the weight of the CS is that low and 7.85" it's just not an ideal setup. MavMount is the best way to go for mounting the 7.85" comfortably.

Thanks. I thought it might be too bulky.. I've bought an Evolution3D
So I'll wait until the new CS 7.85 arrives

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
I dont like how the DJI mount makes the screen so low.

Not fond of it either. I much prefer the viewing angle when using the MavMount in addition to the balance over the RC's COG. Needless to say you can also have full grip with the hand grips.

Just picked these up for the CS when I get it. A pair of chrome coated S.H.C.S. I dont care that I will need an allen wrench I plan on keeping the CS on the mount. The hardware store near me has a whole selection of chrome bolts.
20170912_202747.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on having these in stock.. we just purchased one from you.. been looking all over..

Johnny Truesdell
www.Evolution3d.com
Alexandria Bay, NY
Make sure you don't have any small item(props) preorders in your purchase or the items won't be sent until all items are available. I made this mistake.

Well, it will have to be really good to beat the Mavmount that I love but I just ordered one from @Advexure. After all it is a Mavic accessory isnt it? If I want to go real light it might come in handy!

Well, it will have to be really good to beat the Mavmount that I love but I just ordered one from @Advexure. After all it is a Mavic accessory isnt it? If I want to go real light it might come in handy!

The one downside of MavMount is the portability aspect. If you really want to be portable and run and gun then the DJI solution fixed to the RC and a bit more compact is going to be more convenient but functionality with MavMount is the big plus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard