DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

The dji mount looks like it would make your hands uncomfortable while flying. I prefer the monitor above my hands. Just orderd the mavmount for my ipad mini 4. Think I am going to get the Crystalsky 5.5 for ultra portability.
and you should already have tracking in your inbox :)

Reactions: Adamcain112
I ordered that, but ****, those shipping costs.

Yeah $15.41 to ship something that weighs almost nothing! It's just the carbon fiber plate which goes into the Mavic RC. That can be shipped in a padded envelope for under $6 with USPS.

Reactions: iQuirk
I just got a MavMount and so far I like it. This weekend because of Irma there won't be any flying. I'll have to wait until the following weekend for a test run.

Reactions: Aerial West
I just got a MavMount and so far I like it. This weekend because of Irma there won't be any flying. I'll have to wait until the following weekend for a test run.
I'm glad you like the mavMount!

Try to get some flying in between Irma and jose!

Well, I haven't even got my CS yet but I'm all mounted out!!

I've got both the mavmount with the CS adaptor and also the LifThor CS mount with the official DJI CS bracket.

I wanted the option to mount the screen in both positions, in front of the LCD, using the mavmount, and above the LCD, using the LifThor.

Both are great in their own right, build/quality wise, but obviously I can't comment on how good they are in use as I don't have the screen yet!

DJI need to hurry up and get shipping them out to resellers.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Ha! Me too!

I've got the mavmount CS, a USB-C cable and a bloody phantom charger.

Can't use any of it yet :rolleyes:
Hope you get ytour screen soon so you can use the mount! =)

Reactions: Forestjim
Those looking for CrystalSky 5.5" units, we just got a whole bunch more in and they're shipping 6 days a week. Order by 4pm PT for same day shipping – DJI CrystalSky Monitor - 5.5" High Brightness | Advexure

HIGHLY recommend CS 5.5" with MavMount when running with the Mavic. Brilliantly designed, high quality, and strong build. Best of all, balanced over the RC's COG so you don't have a top or bottom heavy (awkward) RC setup. Safe flying! ;)

Those looking for CrystalSky 5.5" units, we just got a whole bunch more in and they're shipping 6 days a week. Order by 4pm PT for same day shipping – DJI CrystalSky Monitor - 5.5" High Brightness | Advexure

HIGHLY recommend CS 5.5" with MavMount when running with the Mavic. Brilliantly designed, high quality, and strong build. Best of all, balanced over the RC's COG so you don't have a top or bottom heavy (awkward) RC setup. Safe flying! ;)

I live right outside the Philadelphia area I always buy camera gear from BH Photo since they have my orders to my front door no later then 2 days. How long would shipping take from you guys?

I live right outside the Philadelphia area I always buy camera gear from BH Photo since they have my orders to my front door no later then 2 days. How long would shipping take from you guys?

Likely 2 or 3 days, our warehouse ships 6 days a week. Give us a shout tomorrow and mention you are from the MP forum and we'll get you taken care. Or shoot us a PM here on the forum or email. Talk soon.

I need new rubber grips from the inside of the controller arms. The Flyhigh mount I have is thicker then the Mavmount. So now the Mavmount just slides right out.
35ccb7571e8e8cbe7b84bae265fd6dfa.jpg

So this one is by DJI? I thought it said in the listing it would not work with the Mavic, confused here now!
You may have read that the Crystalsky, when first announced wouldn't fit in the Mavic phone holder, which is true. This mount, however, is now specifically made for the Mavic and Spark by DJI to hold the 5.5" Crystalsky monitor. Would work with the 7.85", as well, but probably very wide to hold. Just ordered the DJI Mavic Crystalsky mount today. Looking forward to it, as the current elevated ballhead plate mounts are too large and cumbersome, IMO...

Reactions: cvanhoose
You may have read that the Crystalsky, when first announced wouldn't fit in the Mavic phone holder, which is true. This mount, however, is now specifically made for the Mavic and Spark by DJI to hold the 5.5" Crystalsky monitor. Would work with the 7.85", as well, but probably very wide to hold. Just ordered the DJI Mavic Crystalsky mount today. Looking forward to it, as the current elevated ballhead plate mounts are too large and cumbersome, IMO...
I agree with you. The current holders are too large and bulky. I ordered the dji one a couple days ago. Cant wait to get it. to be able to hot swap from one controller to my Inspire 2 controller is going to be nice especially since all I have to do is slide it into each controller and push the latch.
Best option IMO.
the best part is the dji mount for the mavic will fit in my GPC case attached to the controller!

Reactions: Dave Everett
The DJI mounting solution for CrystalSky on the Mavic seems quite awkward and out of balance. Needless to say you are mounting the screen upside down. DJI did announce last week that it will be $79 and will be shipping in 1-2 weeks.

MavMount is definitely our solution of choice and what we highly recommend.
I own both the MavMount and the Evolution 3D Mavic CS mounts. After several weeks use, I'm looking forward to DJI's own solution here. MavMount is very well made, but hangs high over the RC, blocks the RC LED screen (which I like to use as a back-up, considering that app crashes occasionally occur, even on the CS). Also, seems like every manufacturer has their own version of a mount that attaches to the CS, so if I fly with a 7.85" on my P4P or Inspire and a Mavmount or other third party on my Mavic or Spark, then there is no quick release which is common to both. Most of us are used to the position of the phone holder on the Mavic RC, so if the CS is placed there as well, with the new mount, then it is where most of us are used to it being, anyway...

Reactions: Advexure
I agree with you. The current holders are too large and bulky. I ordered the dji one a couple days ago. Cant wait to get it. to be able to hot swap from one controller to my Inspire 2 controller is going to be nice especially since all I have to do is slide it into each controller and push the latch.
Best option IMO.
the best part is the dji mount for the mavic will fit in my GPC case attached to the controller!
Exactly why I ordered one, as well. Selling off my MavMount and Evolution 3D mounts as I'd rather they don't take up the space in my rather small case...

Reactions: cvanhoose
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev