DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best place to mount a metal plate

AnGo

Reactions
Hello,
in Germany there are regulations that drones over 250g must have a fireproof plate (metal) attached with the owner's address on it. Regarding Mavic Air 2 I'd like to know what is the best place to attach this plate to avoid to disturb any signals of GPS/radio antennas or other sensors. Maybe there are some members here from DJI or with some "insight" and know what is where inside the drone and where a metal plate cannot cause any kind of a negative impact.
Thanks and best regards

"insight" and know what is where inside the drone and where a metal plate cannot cause any kind of a negative impact.
Thanks and best regards
You'll have to avoid placing anything metallic over the GPS antenna

You'll have to avoid placing anything metallic over the GPS antenna
That's exactly what I mean. Where are the sensible parts of the MA2 and where is "nothing important" under the hood?

There are no antennas on the sides, so that's "safe", simply avoid the sensor ports. Instead of a plate, you might consider either stainless steel or aluminum tape. Both would be light and easy to engrave - the SS tape will be more durable.

That's exactly what I mean. Where are the sensible parts of the MA2 and where is "nothing important" under the hood?
According to pictures on top of the camera gimbal seems empty and away from the gps transceiver.

Reactions: BaiLongHoi and AnGo
There are no antennas on the sides, so that's "safe", simply avoid the sensor ports. Instead of a plate, you might consider either stainless steel or aluminum tape. Both would be light and easy to engrave - the SS tape will be more durable.

Tapes are not an option as german drone law explicitly demands a fireproof engraved metal plate/sticker/badge like shown below.
So that means this should be a safe place?

Drohnen-Kennzeichen-f%C3%BCr-DJI-Mavic-Air-2.png

Last edited:
According to pictures on top of the camera gimbal seems empty and away from the gps transceiver.
Thanks, that's pretty helpful

SS has magnetic properties and will mess with the compass no matter where its placed.

Hello,
in Germany there are regulations that drones over 250g must have a fireproof plate (metal) attached with the owner's address on it. Regarding Mavic Air 2 I'd like to know what is the best place to attach this plate to avoid to disturb any signals of GPS/radio antennas or other sensors. Maybe there are some members here from DJI or with some "insight" and know what is where inside the drone and where a metal plate cannot cause any kind of a negative impact.
Thanks and best regards
Metal will screw with your compass no matter where its placed and you already saw the previous post wit the clear shell so dont cover the GPS antenna with whatever you use. If your allowed to go with aluminum it would probably be your best bet. Id try and mount it to the side somewhere if I could or if your allowed.

Metal will screw with your compass no matter where its placed and you already saw the previous post wit the clear shell so dont cover the GPS antenna with whatever you use. If your allowed to go with aluminum it would probably be your best bet. Id try and mount it to the side somewhere if I could or if your allowed.

Yes, aluminium is possible and that's also what I have.
I already replied more than 1 hour ago in this thread together with a picture where I would place the plate. Following the advice that it's safe at the sides, I'd place it at the tail between the both anti-collision sensors..
However this reply stuck since then because an admin needs to confirm it first...

Yes, aluminium is possible and that's also what I have.
I already replied more than 1 hour ago in this thread together with a picture where I would place the plate. Following the advice that it's safe at the sides, I'd place it at the tail between the both anti-collision sensors..
However this reply stuck since then because an admin needs to confirm it first...
opps, missed that post. yeah, that looks perfect!

Tapes are not an option as german drone law explicitly demands a fireproof engraved metal plate/sticker/badge like shown below.
So that means this should be a safe place?

The SS (stainless steel) tape, and the aluminum tape to a lesser degree, is fireproof, and certainly just as fireproof as any label one might buy. You can use an electric (vibratory) engraver to put the info on the tape. Nothing wrong with buying a label either. In the USA, when you register with the FAA as a rec pilot, they send you several labels at no additional cost.

SS has magnetic properties and will mess with the compass no matter where its placed.

Not so. Stainless steel comes in different varieties. Ferritic stainless steels are magnetic, while austenitic stainless steels in the annealed condition are not. The stainless tape I was referring to is 304, and most stainless tape I'm familiar with, are all non magnetic.

Stainless Steel Tape

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themirac